skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How long in advance should I make fondant figures?
Created On Tuesday May 19, 2009 2:27 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Salisvis
Posted: Tuesday May 19, 2009 2:27 PM

Hi Everyone: Love the beautiful cakes I've seen in this forum!!! I'm a newbie to the site and to fondant.........My daughter wants me to make her a cake that has fondant figures from the 2007 Yearbook, the one where there are kids on tubes like a waterpark for a total of 3 "pool" cakes........
I have never worked with fondant and barely took Course 1 and 2 and since her party is in 2 weeks I figure I have time to practice but I started to panick....... how long in advance do I need to make this figures for the actual cake? How long do they need to dry? any other advice that you think I might need? thank you all very much!

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Tuesday May 19, 2009 3:09 PM

Are you working form the yearbook - it should give you an idea how far in advance you need ot make the figures. The further out you make them, the harder they will be.

Report Violation

Bottom

peg
Posted: Tuesday May 19, 2009 5:14 PM

I would start practicing and if you get ones you like keep them, they will be fine, if made now. You do need to give yourself a couple of days ahead at least

Report Violation

Bottom

Salisvis
Posted: Tuesday May 19, 2009 9:25 PM

Thank you so much for your help. It'll be fun making those figures, they don't look very hard but I have never tried............

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: