skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Ideas for a landscapers Birthday Cake
obesa 04/03/2009 8:50 PM
Hi! I've been asked to use my imagination and make a birthday cake for a landscaper! I'm thinking maybe a lawn and mower???? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
mmumsie 04/03/2009 9:18 PM
I saw a fun cake out on google images of a girl sliding on the lawn, being pulled by a run away mower. HAha!
obesa 04/03/2009 9:23 PM
That sounds fun mmumsie!
Thanks!
Cabas10 04/03/2009 11:09 PM
I made a landscape cake once and I wish I had taken a picture.....I used fondant to make gray bricks and I lined them up like edging and I put little fondant rocks inside the rockbed and I took a couple of plastic trees and put them in the rockbed and then there was a hole that appeared like I had dug the hole for another tree and I filled it with the chocolate part of the oreos crushed up and I put a pile of oreos like dirt on the side of the hole and I made a fondant shovel. On the outside of the bricks was grass and I made a lawn mower out of gum paste so I could get the handle of the mower to stand firm. Hope you can visualize it. It was a huge hit.
obesa 04/04/2009 12:14 PM
I found the cake mmumsie saw on google images and can incorporate your cake in that also cabas10. Both are wonderful ideas. I'm working on daffodils this afternoon for course 2 and hoping to put them on a birthday cake for a lady my daughter works with.
SeriousCakes 04/04/2009 1:41 PM
I made this for my father-in-law, he loved it! Chocolate cake, peanutbutter buttercream and crushed oreos.
Attachments:
obesa 04/04/2009 3:43 PM
Oh my gosh - that is awesome Serious Cakes! Crushed oreos is a fantastic idea. Your trees are outstanding! Oh, I have to comment on your videos - just LOVE them.
mmumsie 04/04/2009 4:53 PM
Nice cake SeriousCakes!
SeriousCakes 04/04/2009 9:26 PM
Thank you!!