skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Adhesive on new pans
Created On Wednesday October 22, 2008 9:14 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

sjhendrickson
Posted: Monday October 20, 2008 8:48 AM

I just bought two new performance pans and I cannot get the adhesive off the inside of the pans. I am talking about the dots of sticky stuff that hold the baking instructions in the pan. Help! My batter is waiting to be baked and I can't use my new pans until this glue is out of them. So far I have tried dish soap and vegetable oil.

Report Violation

Bottom

LBGunnin
Posted: Monday October 20, 2008 3:36 PM

I know this sounds crazy but my son (mechanic) has used brake cleaner on some of my pans as well as plastic items and it comes off very easy. I just wash with hot soapy water and all cleaner is gone.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Monday October 20, 2008 3:39 PM

Isn't that just incredibly annoying? The new little dots of clear sticky stuff are not nearly as awful as the adhesive on old stickers, but any of it can be a real irritation.

The only thing I've found that works is GooGone, applied as directed on the bottle.

Do not use abrasives or metal cleaners.

Report Violation

Bottom

Tracey1970
Posted: Monday October 20, 2008 9:48 PM

I've used nail polish remover. I've used it to remove the sticky stuff from scotch tape on the front of a fridge. A light rub with the polish remover and a cotton pad worked great.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday October 21, 2008 8:05 AM
View users profile

Goo Gone!

Report Violation

Bottom

Laurette
Posted: Tuesday October 21, 2008 4:00 PM

I've also been having problems with the adhesive sticking to the pans. I've gotten only two pans that use a strip of some sort of sticky rubber to stick the label to the pan, which peels right off with no residue, which is great. But, most of the Wilton pans I've bought uses clear tape to stick the label to the pan, which leaves a horrible streak of residue that is very difficult to remove without a special substance to get it off! Why does Wilton use such horrible adhesive to stick on the labels?

Tracey - thanks for the tip about the nail polish remover! Do you know if it has to have acetone in it to work? I only have non-acetone nail polish remover.

So far, I've either used very hot water with dish soap and scrubbed with a scrubby sponge designed for delicate surfaces until my arm fell off, or gave my pans to a friend who works at an automotive supply shop who uses some sort of adhesive remover or solvent to get it off. We should not have to go through such trouble or need to use special substances just to get the adhesive off. I need to be able to use my pans right away when I buy them. I don't have time to scrub away at adhesive all the time or wait for my friend to clean it off for me at the shop. Please, Wilton, use better adhesive!

Report Violation

Bottom

Tracey1970
Posted: Wednesday October 22, 2008 9:14 AM

Gee - I'm not sure. Guess I should read the label. I don't think it had acetone in it, but I can't say for sure. I don't have the bottle of it that I used (it was emptied some time ago and tossed out). What you have is worth a try, though.

Report Violation

Bottom

wittyrn
Posted: Friday December 04, 2009 8:08 AM

MINERAL SPIRITS!!!!! It gets the sticky residue off everything.. dishes.. bakeware.. .etc!! Forget the nail polish remover, vegetable oil, peanut butter, simple green.. Just Mineral Spirits!! It's instant!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: