skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Question about kitchenaid mixer... for icing...
Created On Thursday June 12, 2008 3:43 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Mimmy96
Posted: Thursday June 12, 2008 8:45 AM

I bought a kitchenaid stand mixer from a friend and it has no manual.. I have never used one of these and I am wondering.. for making icing do I use the wire wisk, or the flat beater???.. The icing i am making is very thick.. it's the wilton class icing... I bought this mixer because the icing was so thick the first time I made it, it burnt up my other mixer.... Thanks in advance for your help!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Mimmy96
Posted: Thursday June 12, 2008 3:35 PM

Also since burning up my first mixer, I sure don't want to burn up this expensive one.. I was wondering instead of making a double batch (which I have to have for class) should I just make 1 at a time since it is so thick.. or will my new mixer do double batch just fine.. it's the kitchen aid artisan... thanks again!!

Report Violation

Bottom

disasters2cakes

you can use the paddle or the whip in all technicality..but i'm sure most of us you the whip, it makes the icing nice and light and fluffy, imo. i want a hobart! my kitchenaid is about to kick out, i'm sure of it.

Report Violation

Bottom

Vonzella

Hi,

You use the paddle attachment. The wire whisk is for meringues or whipping cream.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Thursday June 12, 2008 3:43 PM

You can download a manual from www.kitchenaid.com.

Use the flat beaters for buttercream frosting. The wire whip is for introducig a lot of air. It is great for meringue, whipped cream, and the final touch to mashed potatoes, but not good for smooth buttercream.

Enjoy your new toy, er... tool.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: