skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pumpkin Cake recipe needed!
Created On Thursday October 04, 2012 1:57 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

CakesbyGracie
Posted: Thursday October 04, 2012 1:57 PM

Hello fellow baker's
I have been loving the forums and every one has been able to help me so much!I was hoping to find a recipe for a pumpkin cupcake since it is getting into the fall season but i have not had much luck so I was hoping someone had a great recipe that they would be willing to share. if you have a gluten free recipe or just regular I am looking for both!
thanx.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Thursday October 04, 2012 3:32 PM

Here's one everyone was just talking about recently. Bunnywoman posted it. Just read the entire thread. If I recall, she says that if making a cake to use a can of pumpkin and then maybe on second page says if making cupcakes to use only 1/2 can so they don't collapse in the middle.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=143783&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Report Violation

Bottom

a baking fool
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 2:55 AM

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan Change Servings, could easily be turned into cupcakes...

1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding

1/4 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Buttercream cinnamon frosting...

1/2 cup butter, softened

4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and oil. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the pumpkin mixture. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
To make cream cheese frosting: Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Spread frosting over cooled cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: