skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Duncan Hines changes their Yellow cake mix!
Created On Monday March 05, 2012 9:39 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

TWINKIE
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 9:39 AM

Report Violation

Bottom

TWINKIE
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 9:43 AM

Sorry, I accidentally hit the button! Has anyone notice the change in the Duncan Hines Yellow cake mix??
The liquid part has decreased to 1 cup, just not as moist as it was. I doctored it up before and it was great. Now, it's back to the drawing board for me! Any comments? Thanks!

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 12:45 PM
View users profile

Hey there twinkie,

Just go back to adding 1 1/3 cup. I love their mixes especially when people don't want to pay for the scratch price. Their cakes are so moist.

Report Violation

Bottom

HomeTown Baker
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 12:48 PM

They reduced the amount of water needed because they reduced the amount of mix in the box.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chasey
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 1:03 PM

Twinkie, check your box size!

The DH Classic line of white, chocolate and yellow got reduced to 16. something ounces. But you are paying the same price! DH maintains that the cake bakes up the size of the 18.25.

Report Violation

Bottom

TWINKIE
Posted: Wednesday March 07, 2012 9:53 AM

Thanks everyone, I will check the box size. The mix has changed to some degree. Even when doctored up, the cake is not as moist as before. Just disappointing why they have to change a good thing.

Thanks again for reponding!

Report Violation

Bottom

paula0712
Posted: Thursday March 08, 2012 10:07 AM
View users profile

I used Bunnywoman's cake extender for the new DH mixes and it turned out amazing! Great flavor, great texture, was very moist and it was more than enough to make the shaped Wilton pans. It made that PLUS an additional 9 standard sized cupcakes.

Report Violation

Bottom

TWINKIE
Posted: Thursday March 08, 2012 3:03 PM

Thanks Paula0712

Report Violation

Bottom

cakeAM
Posted: Wednesday August 29, 2012 6:51 PM

They absolutely have had to change the recipe. I have been using the mixes for years and they are not as moist as they were and taste grainy. I have used the yellow and the white and i hate them now.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakeAM
Posted: Thursday August 30, 2012 8:08 AM

I got this letter from Ducan Hines. They DID REFORMULATE THE RECIPE!!

Reference #: 9538171

Dear Ms. Mcniff:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Consumer Relations regarding your recent purchase of Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix. Please be assured that the experience you shared with us does not meet the high quality standards we have for all of our products.

We have reformulated our Duncan Hines classic cake mixes to offer the same moistness and delicious taste that bakers know and expect. As a result of the reformulation we were able to reduce the weight of our classic cake mixes from 18.25 to 16.5 ounces and still deliver the same size cake and amount of cupcakes, allowing us to provide the same great value to our consumers despite rapidly rising raw material costs that would otherwise require us to raise our prices. Please continue to follow the recipe on the box for consistent results.

You will receive three full value coupons in the mail in the next seven to ten business days.

We take great pride in the quality of our products and ensuring consumer satisfaction is our greatest concern. We have taken the liberty of sharing your insight with our Quality Assurance management team so they can incorporate your experience into their ongoing improvement processes. We are always grateful when loyal consumers such as you take the time to communicate their experience so that we have the opportunity to investigate.

Sincerely,

Hollie Allen
Consumer Relations Representative

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: