skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
kreuter90 08/22/2011 3:36 PM
Good afternoon, I want to make a 3d footbal helmet for the top of a Cake I have due. I was going to make it out of RKT. Will the standard recipe from the box work or is there a special trick for carving..less butter or more marshmellows? Just curious before I start.
Spooky_789 08/22/2011 9:16 PM
From what I've read on here, you leave out the butter and use only marshmallows.
ginnyl 08/23/2011 8:33 AM
I needed to do a 3D croquet ball for a recent cake order, so I purchased pre-made RKT at my local supermarket, so much easier..and they worked perfectly..
ginnyl
kreuter90 08/23/2011 8:52 AM
The pre-made kind, the ones individually wrapped? Or can you get them in a sheet? Kellogs or little debbie brand...does it matter?
cakediva wannabe 08/23/2011 2:03 PM
I bought them in a sheet at Gordon Food Service and I believe they were Kellog's brand. Worked out great! I tried the "no butter" recipe and practically broke my arm trying to stir them....didn't work for me.
Spooky_789 08/23/2011 3:12 PM
That's good to know, Cake Diva. I've never made a butterless RKT. Of course, I've not used them yet with my caking, only as dessert treats. And usually with peanut butter added. Yummm! lol
cravincake 08/24/2011 10:49 AM
I dont use pre-made, They are too soft n mushy and never harden. I like the recipe with no butter for sculpting because it dries rock hard and my sculptures stay perfect. But i guess its all a matter of personal preference.