skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: bread pudding made with leftover cake! Good!!
Created On Sunday May 22, 2011 2:31 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

sweetgrandma
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 2:31 PM

Someone on here said they made bread pudding with their cake trimmings and it was good! Well I gotta tell you they're right! I used half bread and half cake trimmings (white cake) and made microwave lemon curd to go on top and even my DH, who doesn't like bread pudding, ate several bowls of it and said it was really good!
What a wonderful way to use up those trimmings. You can freeze them until you have enough for a pudding....no more wasted cake trimmings. Thanks to whoever posted that hint!

Report Violation

Bottom

ponyjockey
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 2:35 PM

Ooohhhh, that sounds amazing!!

Report Violation

Bottom

camerica
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 4:40 PM

Yum, I bet that is good! I make triffles?? spelling, I use cream cheese with vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar and fold in cool whip and then layer cake scraps, frit, whipped topping and on and on. It is amazing. I have also made tiramisu with cake scraps and it was so good I had to give it away cause I couldn't stop eating it!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 5:32 PM

camerica...........frit? I don't know what that is...

Report Violation

Bottom

camerica
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 5:38 PM

LOL!! I'm getting old and half blind! It should say FRUIT! Also I should pre read it before submitting! Thanks!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 5:43 PM

How funny! I thought that was some strange ingredient that I'd never heard of!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakesavant
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 6:37 PM

Not a fan of bread pudding,but I would eat pudding made with cake scraps. Sounds delicious!

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 7:15 PM

grammacindy had posted about using her leftover cake scraps for bread pudding. I tried it and it was awesome. There is a thread here somewhere . I'll find it and post the link!

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Sunday May 22, 2011 7:17 PM

here it is....

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=147419&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday May 23, 2011 10:15 AM

thanks beanie....I should have done a search but you did it for me! thanks grammacindy for the information....I'd been waiting for a chance to try it......and I'll definitely keep making it!

I did make mine a little different than yours though. I used about 3 cups of broken up cake and about 2 cups of bread, 6 eggs and three cups of milk (2%), tablespoon of vanilla, 1/2 Cup sugar, and cinnamon ( just sprinkled it in...probably 2 tsps). Next time I'll add a little more sugar because most people like it sweeter than I do and I thought the cake would make it taste sweeter than it did. Once I added the lemon zest on top though it was perfect!!!!!!!!!

My measurements are approximate too because, like you, I don't measure unless I'm absolutely forced to!

Report Violation

Bottom

HomeTown Baker
Posted: Monday May 23, 2011 10:30 AM

I saw someone make bread pudding with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, so I had to try it. Other than the massive sugar high, it was AWESOME!!! I had a piece and then mowed the lawn in half the time it usually takes me!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday May 23, 2011 12:48 PM

Home Town Baker! you made me laugh out loud!!! I can just see you zipping around your yard with a big smile on your face!!!

In my post..........I meant to say lemon curd, not lemon zest.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: