skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Chocolate Cake for 10" x 14" rectangular cake pan
sweetpea1979 04/26/2011 11:46 AM
My head is about to explode!!! I've tried the deep dark chocolate cake - with 2 eggs only and now another batter using 6 eggs and I can't seem to get this cake to rise and fill my pan...it's only 2" deep so would like to fill it!! I'm having a bad day with this and it's started to annoy me what am I doing wrong? I don't mind so much this time round as I'm going to be cutting up the cake to make a tractor shape...however I have an order for this sized cake for the end of May and hence I said I'd play around abit today...but it still won't work...how much batter am I going to have to use?!!! Please any help or advice......
Baker_Rose 04/27/2011 11:44 AM
I use two and a half cake mixes for a 11x15 sheet cake pan, and I have some recipes listed as double for this size, and some tripled, so it depends on how many cups of batter your recipe makes.

My Wilton book recommends 16 cups of cake batter, but I don't think I use quite that much.

Tami
sweetpea1979 04/27/2011 1:05 PM
hi Tami - thanks so much for that...I think I may have figured it out last night...landed up making 4 of them with different egg sizes in each - so I think I'll need an 8 egg mix per pan so total of 16 eggs - not sure how many cups that is! Thanks again for the advice...I was seriously annoyed with myself about this....thank you so much