skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Sour Cream,Pudding For Moist Cake Help=(
TknightCakes 03/31/2011 2:18 PM
Hi everyone I am new to this community and I will be starting my Wilton Course 1 class on Monday!! Yay!!! I have been searching this forum and I seen that alot of you guys have said add sour cream,or pudding and so on to make your cakes moist the question that I have is can this be added to any type of cake for example:

Red Velvet: Can I had sour cream or pudding to that mix?? And if so how much??

Yellow Cake: How much sour cream do you add??

Can Sour Cream be added to any cake that I use??

I know this questions my be a dumb one but it never hurts to ask I really hope someone answers my questions I would really appreciate it=)

luvbakin 03/31/2011 3:06 PM
Welcome Tknight

Are you baking from scratch or box?

Yes they can be added to any cake. If you are adding dry pudding mix then just mix it in with your dry ingredients before adding your wet ingredients. Some people add a couple of Tbsp where others will add all of a small box. Pick a flavor that will go well with the kind of cake you are making!

The amount of sour cream that you add would depend on the amount of batter you use and what size cake you are making.

There are no dumb questions...it is the only way we learn!
TknightCakes 03/31/2011 3:10 PM
Thanks Luvbakin!!! I am trying my best to do everything from scratch...I am looking for a great white cake from scratch do u have a recipe for that??
luvbakin 03/31/2011 3:16 PM
This is the recipe that I use, but it does start with a box mix...it is a great recipe that can be done in many different ways as for flavors and such.

WASC - White Almond Sour Cream

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=143183&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

If your not happy with this one, just put "white cake" up in the search and you should be able to find something there that you like!
whoknew? 04/02/2011 3:18 AM
Sweet Girl just posted a lot of scratch recipes. Here's the link:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=148566