skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Looking for the best chocolate chip cookies recipe
Created On Sunday December 05, 2010 4:37 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 5 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format

snoopysmama
Posted: Tuesday December 14, 2010 5:28 PM

Sorry! My favorite are still the toll house recipe on the back of the choco chip bag...I like my cookies crispy and a bit chewey.
Cathy

Report Violation

Bottom

newbakermom
Posted: Monday March 05, 2012 10:59 PM

BUMP! I really needed to do this because I made some of bunnywomans cookies and thought they were just fabulous. Ive been struggling looking for the perfect recipe and I finally found it. Thanks, a lot! My husband and kids cannot stop eating them!

I have to ask you, Bunnywoman, how big do you make your cookies? From the recipe, I made 8 and a 1/2 dozens! I made them a little more than 1 tbsp of the dough and they came out pretty good sizes. Good thing I'm going to visit my mom tomorrow and my husband has a board meeting at school as well tomorrow that I'll get rid of some. I could probably try to freeze some but I know my husband will not let me. Chocolate chip cookies are his best and seriously these are the best we've ever tasted! Oh, I also added cocktail peanuts(crushed them a bit) and they were great.

Bunnywoman, again, THANKYOU, for all the wonderful recipes you've shared with us!

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday March 06, 2012 2:16 AM

If I "kinda overflow" a medium sized cookie scoop I will get about 5.5-6 dozen cookies out of this.

If I keep it strictly at that medium scoop mark then I get about 8 dozen. My Mom wants me to make the small scoop once with my recipe to see how many I get. I haven't done that yet. I would think I could get about 11-12 dozen then (at a guess). I never use the large cookie scoop for these. I tried it once on the last little bit of cookie dough I had in the bowl and got really BIG cookies.

Report Violation

Bottom

newbakermom
Posted: Tuesday March 06, 2012 3:58 PM

Wow, that is a lot of cookies. But when you want to share, it's no problem!(Not that my husband would want to share,LOL!) Thanks again!

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Wednesday March 07, 2012 2:47 PM
View users profile

Bunny, like Coloradogirl said on the first page, if you refrigerate your cookie dough for 36 hours, it really develops the flavors and makes for a nice chewy cookie. Have you ever tried that with your recipe? One of these weekends when I don't have a cake, I want to make some chocolate chip cookies and try the 36 refrigeration rest period, just so I can see how much difference it does make in the flavor.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Wednesday March 07, 2012 6:46 PM

I never have. I make my dough and scoop it out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet with the oven ready & waiting for them!

Report Violation

Bottom

Roszah
Posted: Friday March 09, 2012 11:48 AM

mavsgirl, i tried this recipe and it was just AMAZING! which is alot because when i normally make cookies they come out really hard and gross. But after making these there wasnt a single one left. So
thank you SO MUCH for sharing this.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Friday March 09, 2012 11:53 AM
View users profile

Bunny, do you add your pudding mix with the rest of the dry ingredients?

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Friday March 09, 2012 2:35 PM

Yes I do. It is in the DRY powder form too. Some have made the mistake and reconstituted it to actual pudding.
DO NOT DO THAT!

These are fabulous! I am making a ton of these again on Sunday.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Sunday March 11, 2012 10:57 AM
View users profile

I was just thinking of making some cookies today. Trying to decide between your recipe and America's Test Kitchen recipe. I hope this is my toughest decision to make today!

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Sunday March 11, 2012 11:01 AM

Mine are hot and fresh and out of the oven!

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Sunday March 11, 2012 12:28 PM
View users profile

I'm still sitting on my butt watching American Idol. lol Trying to catch up on my DVR recordings.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Sunday March 11, 2012 3:19 PM
View users profile

I'm used French Vanilla pudding mix as I didn't have any vanilla. Added chopped walnuts and toffee chips along with chocolate chunks, and my goodness, are they tasty! Of course, the dough tastes lovely. I used three different sizes of scoops to decide what size I like better, and settled on the medium scoop. I've got about four dozen cooling, one dozen in the oven, and probably at least three more dozen left to bake. This makes a LOT of cookies!

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 2:15 AM

Which recipe did you decide on making?

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 8:15 AM
View users profile

Yours. They were yummy, of course.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 10:01 AM

I made bunny's recipe this weekend and they were awesome (of course) but next time I will add more chocolate chips. The recipe called for 12 ounces with a note from bunny saying that she adds "way more". I wasn't sure how much more to add and only added another handful. Next time I will add more than that. I used the small scoop and got about a zillion cookies!!!! I liked that they didn't expand much. I scooped them w/my small scoop, then flattened them just a bit and they pretty much stayed that way. Very good. I have so many left that I may need to freeze some. Bunny, can I just use a big ziploc and put a bunch in there and freeze? Then you said to thaw to leave the bag closed on the counter until thawed. Next time I'll add more chocolate chips and some walnuts too. Thanks again Bunny!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 12:33 PM
View users profile

DCnoIce, I think you could easily use 2-12 oz bags of chips. Many of my cookies only had a few chips, some had none. I used Chocolate Chunks, but still.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 1:46 PM

I am not stingy on the chips by no means!!!!!

I dump in half of the bag and stir with a wooden spoon. I scoop out about the top 1/3 of the bowl because that is where all of the chips are. Then I add in the last half of the bag and stir again. I go down about half of what it left for batter in the bowl. I then open up another bag of chips and dump some more in to finish up the remaining batter left.

If you use a small scoop you will get ALLOT, and I mean ALLOT, of cookies!

I freeze these all of the time!!!!!! Never a problem at all freezing them.

Here is what I do........ok I spoil my hubby and Dad.........I put 5 cookies inside of a Ziploc sandwich bag. I use a Ziploc FREEZER bag and put 5 sandwich bags inside of the freezer bag. This will last them 1 full week at work. I pop it into the freezer. When they need a bag for their lunches they open the Ziploc freezer bag and grab a sandwich bag and pop it in their lunch bag and off they go! Re-seal the freezer bag for tomorrow's lunch. Works like a charm and a real time saver too. My Mom loves it when I have them all bagged up for my Dad and ready to go too.

Hope that helps,
BW

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 2:01 PM

Sppoky,

There are not as many "chunks" as there are "chips." That is why you ran out. Try the chips or M&M's and you will have much better success getting "goody" in your cookies!

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 2:52 PM

I agree, two 12 ounce bags next time. Bunny you are so nice to pack up the cookies so they are ready to go for your husband and your father. You are a real sweetie. I made cookies for my father all the time and he was so good, he'd eat just a few and put them away. He would never share either!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 5 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: