skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Looking for the best chocolate chip cookies recipe
Created On Sunday December 05, 2010 4:37 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 3 4 5 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

zinger60
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 4:37 PM

I have tried the Toll House recipe and many that come on the back of chocolate chip bags but they all seem to spread too much and are very crispy. I don't want ones that are like cake but I don't want them hard and crispy either. Anyone got a really good recipe?

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 6:31 PM

I absolutely love the one on the back of the Butter Flavored Crisco sticks or can. I've been using this for as long as I can remember. If you haven't tried this one, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 7:32 PM

Mine are always nice and chewy. I am not a fan of crunchy chocolate chip cookies. I told my cake buddies that I take royalties for them because they were selling them. LOL! LOL!

Report Violation

Bottom

zinger60
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 7:39 PM

I would love to have the recipe from the Crisco and Bunnywoman, where would I find your recipe?

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 9:14 PM

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS:3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:1.HEAT oven to 375ºF.

2.COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

3.DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.

4.BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.

TIP* If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies. These don't last long at my house so we always double the recipe.

Report Violation

Bottom

cq75
Posted: Sunday December 05, 2010 10:16 PM

I've always used the Toll House recipes, and the only times I had problems spreading was when the butter was too soft. I've found I only need to let the butter soften on the counter for about 30 minutes (up to 1 hour during the winter) to keep ANY of my cookies from spreading. And if I feel the batter is still to "thin" I add an extra 1/4 cup of flour.

Another trick... your cookie sheet has to be completely cool before spooning out the batter. I have three sheets that I rotate. One in the oven, one cooling, one being prepped.

Also, check your oven temp. It might be cooking really hot, which can also crisp the cookies too much. Depending on the temp, you just might need to bake in smaller time increments (instead of 11 minutes, maybe check at 9 minutes).

Report Violation

Bottom

dakimom
Posted: Monday December 06, 2010 12:43 PM

Hi bunnywoman, I love your recipes for butter cream , cookies and the marshmallow fondant....WOW !!!
I just read you have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies, could you share it with us ?
Thank you so much for all your help. Since I started to use your recipes my family and friends are absolutely pleased !
You are my star !

Report Violation

Bottom

mavsgirl
Posted: Monday December 06, 2010 2:42 PM

Here's the recipe I use, which always gets great reviews. I'm partial to it b/c it was my mother's recipe, but, everyone else seems to enjoy them as well. Feel free to test and try!

1 C Crisco (regular)
2/3 C Brown Sugar
2/3 C Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp water
2 egg
2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet, but, any kind)

Blend Crisco, sugars, vanilla and water until smooth. Add eggs and blend well. Slowly add dry ingredients until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.

Report Violation

Bottom

coloradogirl
Posted: Monday December 06, 2010 5:17 PM

Here's a trick you might like... your chocolate chip cookies will taste better if you let the dough sit in the fridge for 36 hours.

Report Violation

Bottom

Kesha314
Posted: Tuesday December 07, 2010 9:18 AM

Yes BW i would luv to know if you have a cookie recipe

Report Violation

Bottom

ponyjockey
Posted: Tuesday December 07, 2010 11:08 AM

Here is the recipe I use. I usually have to make more then I need because I will just stand around and eat the dough!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups flour
1t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts (if desired)

In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts; mix well. Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into ball. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake 8-10 min at 360. I usually put a heel or two of bread in the container with the cookies to keep then nice and soft for about 2-3 weeks but they usually don't last that long in my house!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Kesha314
Posted: Tuesday December 07, 2010 11:13 AM

Thanks Pony!!! i will be trying that

Report Violation

Bottom

CollectorEJ
Posted: Tuesday December 07, 2010 3:24 PM
View users profile

Here is a recipe that I've used and really like.

CHOCOLATE LOVERS COOKIES
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/3 cups Baker's semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts

Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Cream butter. Gradually beat in sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Blend in vanilla, egg and sour cream. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chips and nuts. Using scant 1/4 cup for each, drop onto uncrossed baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees or 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove sheets; cool on racks. Makes 2 dozen large cookies. (I use a whole package of chocolate chips.)

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday December 07, 2010 5:16 PM

Oh my gosh!!!! So many Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes to choose from. Thanks to all who have graciously shared. Here is mine. Took me many a tries to get this just right. This is MY recipe that I developed. My friend was selling these in Texas. I told her...."I take royalities." LOL! My cousin says I need to patent it.

Bunny's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/3 cup shortening (293 grams) (I use butter flavored Crisco.)
1 1/3 cup butter- softened (293 grams)
2 cups sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar (dark or light.....doesn't matter)
4 large eggs
4 tsp vanilla (I always splash in a little extra for kicks!)
6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1/3 c. milk
12 oz chocolate chips (I use way more than this!!!)

Preheat oven to 375*F
Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. (ok….the "proper way" is to sift these, but who am I kidding? I never sift unless absolutely necessary. It is NOT absolutely necessary to sift this.) Here is what I do….either of the two ways:

1. Measure out all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Take a wire whisk and stir them all together to combine nicely. I use a spoonula to transfer the dry ingredients to my mixer bowl.

2. Measure out all of my dry ingredients and place into a large gallon sized Ziploc baggy. Squish the air out and seal. Shake the baggy vigorously to combine all ingredients. Dump into the mixer bowl as you would when making buttercream icing.

Add to mixer bowl slowly so as not to wear it!! Drop dough on a parchment lined (or ungreased) cookie sheet. Bake 11-12 minutes or until light brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Makes about 5.5 dozen cookies using a medium sized cookie scoop.

IMPORTANT!!!! If you just freeze them in Ziploc baggies, when you take them out of the freezer to thaw ……DO NOT OPEN THE BAG!!!!! Leave it closed and let it come to room temperature on your countertop out of direct heat. This will retain the moisture of the cookie and therefore keep them chewier longer. If you open the bag right away they will be a more crunchy cookie.

VARIATIONS:
I have used:
1. instant chocolate pudding and add white chocolate chips
2. instant vanilla pudding and peanut butter chips
3. instant vanilla pudding and butterscotch chips
4. instant vanilla pudding and M&M’s
5. instant chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips
6. instant chocolate pudding and cocoa powder…I call them my “DEATH by CHOCOLATE “ cookies. (I remove ¾ c of flour and replace it with ¾ c of cocoa powder and add in an extra splash of milk.) either semi sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
7. instant butterscotch pudding and white chocolate chips
8. instant pumpkin spice pudding and white chocolate chips + 1 tsp. cloves, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 2 tsp cinnamon
9. instant lemon pudding and white chocolate chips

Mix and match and come up with your own favorite flavor combinations!!!

Happy Baking!
Bunnywoman

Report Violation

Bottom

dakimom
Posted: Wednesday December 08, 2010 12:34 PM

Thanks Bunnywoman, I can't wait to try them ! !

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Wednesday December 08, 2010 1:13 PM

Report Violation

Bottom

Barbarainnc
Posted: Wednesday December 08, 2010 2:29 PM

Go to Americas Test Kitchen. The episode is called The Cookie Jar, the recipe is Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.

http://www.americastestkitchen.com All recipes shown this season are FREE. This is the BEST CCC recipe ever. One week I made 5 batches of these cookies. My guests couldn't stop eating them!!!! I won't use any other recipe. Give it a try, you will LOVE it.!!!!!!

I'm a retired foods teacher and love to try out ATK recipes.

Barbara

Report Violation

Bottom

Barbarainnc
Posted: Wednesday December 08, 2010 2:32 PM

[url]http://www.americastestkitchen.com[/url] Episode: The Cookie Jar

Recipe: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipes shown this season are FREE !!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

mysweetfilly
Posted: Tuesday December 14, 2010 11:39 AM

I had all my family together this weekend and we made The Bunny's Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and I will never make another. I FINALLY found a true winner, we loved everything about them. Thank you!

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday December 14, 2010 2:03 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you follow my instructions they come out PERFECT every single time. Took me many a trials to get this one right. They are a HUGE HIT here.

Bunnywoman

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 3 4 5 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: