skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: HUGE list of paired cake flavors and fillings
Chasey 03/31/2010 1:04 PM
Here is a copy of MacsMom from cakecentral's list. I posted this once in a reply to someone, but not sure it was in this forum. Hope this helps some newcomers!

Almond Joy ~ Rich chocolate-almond cake filled with chocolate ganache & coconut filling.

Amaretto Divine ~ Amaretto cake filled with chocolate fudge & Amaretto crème filling.

Andes Dream ~ Chocolate cake baked with Andes mints, filled with chocolate fudge & mint filling.

Apricot Almond ~ White almond sour cream cake with Amaretto cheesecake & apricot puree.

Banana Caramel Cheesecake ~ Banana cake with cheesecake & fresh caramel filling.

Bananarama ~ Banana cake filled with caramel, banana crème and chocolate ganache.

Banana Split ~ Layers of banana, cherry, & chocolate cakes filled with chocolate fudge & banana crème.

Black Forest ~ Chocolate-cherry cake filled with chocolate truffle & cherry filling.

Blueberry Sour Cream ~ Sour cream cake with cheesecake & blueberry fruit filling.

Boston Cream Pie ~ Butter cake filled with vanilla crème & chocolate ganache.

Butterscotch Rum ~ Rich butterscotch rum cake with a cheesecake filling.

Cappuccino ~ Milk chocolate-cappuccino cake filled with cappuccino truffle & thick cream.

Carrot Cake ~ … cheesecake filling.

Chai Latte~ Fragrant chai spiced cake filled with cheesecake.

Cherry Vanilla ~ Layers of cherry cake and vanilla cake with cherry chocolate-chip ricotta filling.

Chocolate Banana Cheesecake ~ Layers of chocolate and banana cakes with banana & chocolate cheesecake.

Chocolate Covered Cherry ~ Cherry chocolate-chip cake with a chocolate cherry truffle filling.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry ~ Layers of strawberry and chocolate cakes with a fudge filling.

Cinnamon Roll ~ Cinnamon swirl butter cake filled with sweet cream cheese.

Caramel Apple ~ Butter cake filled with sliced apple fruit filling & fresh caramel.

Citrus twist ~ Swirls of orange and lemon cake filled with orange cheesecake & lemon curd.

Coconut Cloud ~ Coconut cake filled with coconut crème.

Cookies & Cream ~ Rich dark chocolate cake with an Oreo cookie filling.

Crème Brûlée ~ Caramel cake filled with fresh caramel & white chocolate ganache.

Decadent Chocolate ~ A divinely decadent chocolate cake filled with chocolate fudge & chocolate-chip mousse.

Espresso Chip ~ Mocha-chip cake with espresso truffle filling.

Funky Monkey ~ Layers of banana & peanut butter cakes filled with layers of chocolate fudge, banana cheesecake, & peanut butter mousse.

Goodies’n’Cream ~ Moist butter cake with a creamy filling loaded with Butterfinger and Heath toffee bits.

Goodnight Kiss ~ Anise flavored champagne cake with white chocolate truffle filling.

Guava Lava ~ Pretty pink guava cake filled with guava fruit filling and cheesecake.

Hawaii Five-O ~ Pineapple cake filled with banana crème, mango curd, & coconut cream.

Hot Cocoa ~ Hot cocoa cake filled with marshmallow crème.

Irish Cream ~ Bailey’s Irish Cream cake with a Bailey’s chocolate truffle filling.

Kahlua ~ Rich dark chocolate-Kahlua cake with Kahlua crème filling.

Key Lime ~ Key Lime cake filled with key lime curd and cheesecake.

Lemon Drop ~ Lemon cake filled with lemon curd & white-chocolate ganache.

Lemon Kiss ~ Swirls of almond and lemon cakes filled with raspberry puree & lemon cheesecake.

Margarita ~ Rich margarita cake filled with lime cheesecake.

Mocha Toffee Crunch ~ Chocolate mocha cake filled with mocha fudge & toffee bits.

Neopolitan ~ A layer each of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cakes filled with chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

Orange Dreamsicle ~ Moist orange cake filled with vanilla mousse.

Orange Valencia ~ Orange chocolate-chip cake filled with rich chocolate fudge. *My personal favorite*

Peaches ‘n’ Cream ~ Moist white cake infused with peach, filled with white-chocolate truffle & peach fruit filling.

Peanut Butter Fudgey ~ Peanut butter chocolate-chip cake filled with chocolate fudge and Reese’s filling.

PBJ ~ PB cake, peanut butter mousse & raspberry fruit filling.

Pineapple Guava ~ Pineapple cake with guava fruit filling.

Pink Champagne ~ Pink champagne cake with cheesecake filling.

Piña Colada ~ Coconut pineapple cake with coconut crème filling and pineapple fruit filling.

Popsicle ~ Pineapple and cherry cakes swirled together with pineapple & cherry truffle filling.

Raspberry Truffle ~ Dark chocolate-raspberry cake filled with chocolate fudge & raspberry puree.

Rainbowlicious ~ Six vibrant colors of vanilla cake, filled with vanilla mousse.

Red Velvet ~ Rich red velvet cake with cheesecake filling.

Root beer Float ~ Root beer cake swirled with vanilla and filled with thick cream.

S’mores ~ Graham cracker cake filled with marshmallow crème & chocolate ganache.

Strawberry Banana ~ Alternating layers of strawberry and banana cakes filled with banana and strawberry cheesecakes.

Strawberry Fields ~ Moist strawberry cake filled with strawberry cheesecake & strawberry puree.

Strawberry Lemonade ~ Strawberry & lemon cakes swirled together and filled with strawberry cheesecake & lemon curd.

Sunrise ~ Swirls of cherry and orange cakes, filled with orange mousse & cherry mousse.

Tiramisu ~ Espresso infused butter cake with mascarpone-Kahlua filling, over a spread of chocolate ganache.

Tropic Breeze ~ Tropical cake (pineapple, banana, coconut) filled with Pineapple cheesecake.

Turtle ~ Dark chocolate cake filled chocolate fudge, caramel, & toasted chopped pecans.

Tuxedo ~ Layers of white & dark chocolate cakes filled with layers of white-chocolate truffle & rich fudge filling.

White Almond Sour Cream ~ White almond sour cream cake filled with cheesecake & raspberry puree. Also great with chocolate-cheesecake filling!

sweetgrandma 03/31/2010 1:43 PM
Wow! thanks for posting!
coloradogirl 03/31/2010 4:53 PM
Mmmm Makes me want to bake tons of cake. Thanks for sharing this.
dead goose 03/31/2010 5:50 PM
Chasey,
Those cakes and filling sound great,do you know if they have recipes posted for them ? If so how do you get to them?
cakesrnuts 03/31/2010 6:42 PM
What a great list! This is one post we'll have to BUMP every now and then!

ILoveCake35 - Mango cake with coconut BC sounds fantastic to me. Of course, I'm pregnant, and anything fruit related is tops on my list right now!!
cheatize 03/31/2010 9:41 PM
Recipes are here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

It was compiled by cakecentral members.
Chasey 04/01/2010 7:34 AM
Thanks for the recipe link, cheatize!

Here is the original thread that is now 300+ pages long on CC. Wow!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html
dead goose 04/01/2010 10:02 PM
Thanks Chasey and Cheatize for the links they're full of great info and recipes.
cheatize 04/01/2010 10:33 PM
There's some serious time committment in reading all the info, isn't there?
lindasmith01 04/18/2010 11:39 AM
Thanks for the listing. That was very sweet of you to take the time to list all of that. They all sound delicious. I hope I can find some of the recipes on cakecentral.com. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again Chasey.
MARIE J 04/19/2010 10:20 AM
WOW - thanks for posting Chasey !!
MARIE J 04/19/2010 10:25 AM
I can add a couple of flavors !!!

Watermelon - Kiwi cake ~ vanilla or butterscotch filling, vanilla buttercream
Black cherry & mini Choc Chip cake ~ vanilla, or chocolate filling and covering
Pink lemonade cake ~ lemon filling, lemon flavored buttercream
Chasey 04/19/2010 10:26 AM
Yum! Yum!! Sure wish I was available all over the US to sample these creations. LOL!
mal_gal 04/19/2010 6:05 PM
Oh my goodness! Chasey and Cheatize, you two are my new best friends! Thank you so much for sharing the list and the link!!!
Chasey 04/20/2010 8:34 AM
You are welcome! Please send your new best friends samples. LOL!

Ilovecake35: I went to a Thai restaurant recently and they had a delicous tender coconut cake on the menu. I think your mango cake with coconut BC is perfect for your Thai friend!!!
MARIE J 04/20/2010 1:33 PM
Hey Chasaey - sounds like your own roadtrip !! LOL
mickie11j 08/20/2010 5:05 PM
bump
mrshoppy 08/20/2010 6:23 PM
Chasey - what a great list. I am constantly looking out for different combinations to add to my tally so that when we get posted back to UK, I can show off with my american recipes. Thank you for sharing.
Chasey 08/20/2010 7:47 PM
You're welcome! Good luck with all the combos you test!! I think I gained 5 lbs just re-reading that list.
houmoore4 08/20/2010 10:40 PM
This is so not fair...I just gained 10 pounds reading the different flavors.