4 C. C & H Powder Sugar (1 lb.)
1 stick of butter, room temperature (8 T.)
3 to 4 T milk
1 t pure vanilla extract
1 t ground cinnamon
* With 1 stick of butter in a large mixing bowl, beat with electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
* With mixer off, add powder sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
* Blend on low speed til sugar is mixed through. Approx. 1 minute.
* Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
* If icing is too thick add 1 additional T. of milk and blend thoroughly.
t. = teaspoon
C. = cup
I made Snickerdoodle cupcakes with it last night and then piped rose swirls on the top with your recipe. Divine!
I posted my creation on Facebook with the comment my son made: I have Snickerdoodle cupcakes in the oven and my son just looked through the door and asked me if there was icing on them. Ha! (he just turned 3)
Immediately, 7 people posted and asked me for your recipe! Lots of Snickerdoodle fans out there.
I brought a tray of cupcakes here to work because I can't keep these yummy things at home with a full 2 sticks of butter in them!!
There is so little milk I wouldn't be overly concerned about leaving it out, but you can always refrigerate if you are worried. Another option is to use powdered coffee creamer and hot water to dissolve as a milk substitute.
It doesn't help that I'm delivering a birthday cake tonight to my cousin and staying for games and so we may get home pretty late anyway. Ugh! Ugh! I need a personal assistant! lol
Get Inspiration and Great Deals
Yes, I want to receive new decorating ideas and exclusive offers from Wilton. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Learn more