skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: kitchenaid wisk attachment for buttercream?
Created On Tuesday December 29, 2009 11:43 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Leah1974
Posted: Tuesday December 29, 2009 11:43 AM

cant seem to find my regular, mixing attachment for my kitchenaid--do you think I could use the wisk one?

thx

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday December 29, 2009 11:59 AM

I would recommend using the whisk attachment if you are going to make a "whipped icing." For a regular buttercream I would recommend the flat beater.

The whisk attachment will incorporate allot of air into your regular buttercream. In order to get the air back out of it so you don't have air pockets in your BC you will have to take a spatula and "slap it back and forth." Let it rest for about 30 minutes and repeat the slapping action. It might not get all of the air out of it, but it will be allot better than if you didn't do it.

Good Luck,
BW

Report Violation

Bottom

karrietg
Posted: Tuesday December 29, 2009 6:55 PM

If you have to buy a new blade, check out the BeaterBlade. It's well worth the money.
http://www.beaterblade.com/

Report Violation

Bottom

blakescakesandmore
Posted: Wednesday December 30, 2009 11:59 PM
View users profile

I would RECOMMEND the BEATERBLADE! I never had to scrape my bowl at all while making bc! well worth the investment!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

thecakeisalie
Posted: Thursday December 31, 2009 9:53 AM

"If you have to buy a new blade, check out the BeaterBlade. It's well worth the money.
http://www.beaterblade.com/ "

OMG, if only I had this when I was trying to get my brioche recipe to work. After you add the butter it turns into this weird paste and sticks to the side of the bowl, neither the dough hook or the paddle attachment will do anything to it, unless you scrape it down over and over again until the gluten develops and it comes together. There's even a store in my city where I can buy it. Man, I won't be able to try this until next Wednesday, unfortunately.

Report Violation

Bottom

cheatize
Posted: Wednesday January 06, 2010 6:22 PM

That blade is not made by Kitchenaid and if you use it and something happens, you're out of luck. Using it voids the warranty. I thought you might like to know, in case your mixer is still under warranty. They are pricey and I'd hate to have to replace mine.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: