skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Please help for a wedding cake/almond flavored recipe
Created On Monday June 15, 2009 10:14 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mythreesons
Posted: Monday June 15, 2009 10:14 PM

does anyone have a recipe for a wedding cake or almond cake recipe? I am new to making my own cakes for my children's birthday so any tips would be great.
How do you get a good crumb or texture on a cake? Please help mom of three boys just trying to make cute cakes for my boys. Thanks in advance!

Report Violation

Bottom

sheryla
Posted: Tuesday June 16, 2009 7:08 PM

Hi - the recipe I've gotten many raves on is White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake on Recipezaar #69630

I usually add an additional teaspoon of vanilla to either the full recipe (or a half recipe) - of course, that doesn't make much sense, but it seems to work both ways. You could probably add an additional teaspoon of almond as well as the vanilla.

Hope this helps!

Report Violation

Bottom

mythreesons
Posted: Tuesday June 16, 2009 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I will make it tomorrow and will let you know.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakes06
Posted: Wednesday June 17, 2009 7:29 PM
View users profile

I always use box cake mixes, Pillsbury is my choice. You can add almond extract and it comes out really good. I also use the whole eggs instead of just the egg whites, plus 1cup water and 1/3 cup of oil and bake at 325 instead of 350, which takes longer but insures the middle of the cake gets done.

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Thursday June 18, 2009 9:52 AM

I make mine from scratch - I use vanilla, but I don't see why you couldn't just replace that with almond

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Thursday June 18, 2009 9:57 AM

Here's the recipe that I use;-

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup shortening (half margarine or butter, softened - if desired)
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350 - or whatever your pan size requires. Grease & flour pans Makes 13x 9x2 inch, 2 round 9 x 1 1/2 inch or 3 round pans 8 x 1 1/2 inch.

Beat all ingredients on low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed about 3 minutes, scraping occasionally. Beating longer does not harm the mix...

Pour into pans.

Bake rectangle 40-45 mins, 9 inch - 30-35 mins, 8 inch - 20-25 mins or until wooden toothp[ick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack approx 10 mins, remove from pans & cool completely.

For chocolate cakes, I cup back the flour to 2 cups, & add 1/2 cup cocoa powder.

Yields; approx 6 cups

When using any of the Wilton or any other brand pans - I use the baking times/temps recommended for those particular pans

Report Violation

Bottom

rdvas
Posted: Friday June 19, 2009 11:35 AM

In my small hometown of Ely, MN, there was a lady everyone went to when they needed a special occasion cakes, and those cakes have always been my gold standard. The white cake is made with a standard Pillsbury white cake mix. The frosting is the key. I insisted on her frosting recipe for my wedding cake. The original was just made with Crisco, but my baker substituted a higher quality baking shortening, I think. The key is the almond flavoring in the frosting. Yum!!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Recipes < REFRESH >
Navigation: