skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: BAVARIAN CREME
Princess_Of_Cakes 02/08/2009 7:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new in this web site; I am looking for the recipe of BAVARIAN CREME. I made one that I found online and it was awful, taste like oak milk and it looks like a huge something gelatine looking. It was horrible.

If you have a good one please email it to me or post it here.

My email address is: princesaboriqa@yahoo.com

Thanks y'all

PB
sandra_c_i 02/10/2009 3:55 PM
You can buy commercial bavarian Cream filling from Country kitchens fairly cheap.
Cindy'sCakery 02/11/2009 6:39 AM
i have been in search of a delicious bavarian cream recipe as well. i've tried several recipes from online and didn't care for them the same milky/gelatinous reasons you mentioned. so i purchased the bavarian cream in the sleeve from my local cake supply shop and found it very "fake" tasting. i then mixed the two and they tasted much better together than apart and used it in my cake and the customer loved it! i now have it in my freezer for future orders.
Princess_Of_Cakes 02/11/2009 6:39 AM
Country Kitchens? Can I buy it online or somewhere else? Have you buy before beside a country kitchen?

Please advise,

Thanks

Ruth
cookiezncakes 02/11/2009 8:31 AM
Just an aside:
Perhaps what you are really looking for is not a true Bavarian cream. True Bavarian cream is somewhat "milky and gelatinous;" that is the nature of the dessert. I think what you are really looking for is a Bavarian cream-flavored filling, in which case the commercially prepared filling from Country kitchens is the way to go.
Jeanne G 02/11/2009 8:31 AM
Most cake supply stores sell commercial pastry fillings. I get mine at http://www.shopbakersnook.com/177.html
Ilovecakes40 02/12/2009 6:50 AM
Here's something that might help you. I make filling using pudding mixes. I like the cook and serve better, but it works just as well with the instant. Here's what I do, I add 1 cup heavy cream then add 1 cup of whole milk, to a 3.4oz. package of pudding mix. It tastes great, and it works for all different flavors. Hope this helps you out!!
Jeanne G 02/12/2009 4:22 PM
Pudding filling is great. Just remember that then the cake must be refrigerated. I prefer the taste of pudding but always use the commercial fillings for safety at room temperature.
Princess_Of_Cakes 02/13/2009 8:36 AM
Thanks I am going to try that one ... Thanks
Princess_Of_Cakes 02/13/2009 8:36 AM
What about A Pastry Cream recipe? I thought the name was Bavarian Cream --- I want to use it for a filling for my cake.

Or can I buy it online do you know?
Princess_Of_Cakes 02/16/2009 9:01 AM
Thank you Again !!! have a nice week !!