skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: clown pics/toppers from late 70s/early 80s
Created On Sunday June 10, 2012 11:29 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Rubymermaid
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 11:29 AM

ok, I know this is a long shot, but I am searching for a set of clown head cake toppers that were on my fiance's first birthday cake. I want to replicate the exact cake for him that his now deceased mother made him in 1980. I have tried ebay, amazon, etc and found many vintage clown pics/toppers, but not the ones I'm looking for! I figured I would put this post out there in case any one might by chance have an old stash, or know of some way I might not have thought of to track some down. Im attaching a couple of photos of him and mom with the cake. The clowns are kind of creppy and hobo-ish, lol, and Im not even sure if they were a wilton product, but Im guessing probably were. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks!!!!
His birthday is July 15th, if I cant get a hold of them by then I may try to replicate them out of fondant or something. Thanks for looking!

photo-bday1.jpg photo-bday1.jpg  (118 KB)
photo-bday2.jpg photo-bday2.jpg  (123 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

CollectorEJ
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 2:46 PM
View users profile

I checked my 1980 yearbook and the clown heads are a Wilton product. If you would like me to scan the page and send it to you please e-mail me at 2collect49@gmail.com

Report Violation

Bottom

NonnaCindy
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 3:42 PM

I just checked Ebay and I think these are what you are looking for. Item #290726330021. $4.00 Buy It Now, with $4.80 shipping. Hope these are the right ones. Cindy

Report Violation

Bottom

Rubymermaid
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 5:06 PM

Cindy!! Thank you sooo much! That was totally them and I just bought them! I just checked eBay yesterday with no luck and was really thinking my search was useless. You are awesome! Can't thank you enough!

CollectorEJ, thank you too! Was about to email you before I saw the post from Cindy. Thanks so much for your help!

Can't wait to make this cake now!

Report Violation

Bottom

NonnaCindy
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 5:28 PM

Glad they were the ones you were looking for. Make sure to post a picture of your cake. Cindy

Report Violation

Bottom

killer3k
Posted: Tuesday October 09, 2012 4:11 PM

Do you know the name of the product? I'm looking for it too. Thanks!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday October 09, 2012 5:32 PM

killer3k~~Welcome to the forum. If you google "clown head picks", you'll come up with a lot of options. Here's a listing from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Clown-Head-Cupcake-Picks-12pc/dp/B001LQFNCM

Report Violation

Bottom

killer3k
Posted: Wednesday October 10, 2012 1:12 AM

Thanks for the reply.
However, I'm looking specifically for the ones posted in this thread. They're hard to find. So any information that anyone can give me on them will be helpful.

Report Violation

Bottom

killer3k
Posted: Wednesday October 10, 2012 1:25 AM

I found the info. They are called "Comical Clowns".

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: