skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Jumbo Couplers?
Created On Monday February 27, 2012 9:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

amandaw1492
Posted: Monday February 27, 2012 9:11 PM

So I bought a set of 4 Wilton icing tips at Wal-Mart and the regular size couplers I have are too small. I just recieved my Large couplers in the mail only to realize that they are wayyyyyyyyyyy to big! The large size is the professional size. When I got on the website a month or so ago, they had a jumbo size, and that's what fit the icing tips that I have. Now, I can't find them anywhere on the website! What happened to the jumbo size?

Report Violation

Bottom

thesweetbliss
Posted: Monday February 27, 2012 10:11 PM

I don't use couplers on anything other than the "regular" size. I cut the piping bag and just put the tip in.. Like parchment bags. Sorry not very good at explaining- Like the base icing tip- I cut the largest reusable piping bag and use it for that one solely.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday February 27, 2012 10:39 PM
View users profile

amandaw1492, welcome to the forum. What tips do you have that won't fit on the standard couplers? There should be a number on each tip.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chasey
Posted: Tuesday February 28, 2012 7:08 AM

amandaw, welcome! Do you have the 1M tip, the triple star tip and maybe the 2D tip that you need a coupler for? I found mine at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

I agree that you can cut one of your featherweight bags to just accept the tip. I like the stability of the coupler myself.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday February 28, 2012 9:20 AM

I have featherweight bags cut to fit specific tips. I do not use couplers for the really big tips like 1M, 2D, 6B etc etc.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chasey
Posted: Wednesday February 29, 2012 9:12 AM

Saw the couplers I mentioned at Michael's last night for $1.99 each.

Report Violation

Bottom

amandaw1492
Posted: Wednesday February 29, 2012 6:24 PM

I have tips 1M, 2D and 2A. They came in a 3 pack "Extra Large Tip Set". I will look at Michael's the next time I go. The Michael's that is near me has a pretty small cake baking and decorating section. Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpful tips! Also, should I order some featherweight bags? What's the difference between those and the regular bags?

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Friday March 02, 2012 11:31 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum. You're just starting out, so you'll be learning a lot of stuff as you go.

When I started my Wilton courses, I purchased 2 of the large couplers. I have NEVER used either one and probably never will. I use disposable decorating bags 95% of the time. Just cut the appropriate amount off the bag and slip in the 1M (and other large tips). You don't need a coupler.

Here is a link with information and a video on how to cut bags, use tips, and the difference between featherweight and disposable:
How to Choose and Use Decorating Bags
http://www.wilton.com/decorating/decorating-basics/using-decorating-bags.cfm

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: