skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Finally got Bettercreme figured out!!!!!!
Created On Saturday January 28, 2012 10:44 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

dietcokenoice
Posted: Saturday January 28, 2012 10:44 AM

My first attempt at Bettercreme a few weeks ago, well, it was watery. But I was determined so I bought more. Yesterday I whipped up half a carton (I had the liquid kind) and before whipping I added some hot pink food coloring and a drop of Lorann cherry flavoring. I finally got it to work. I made a chocolate cake and chocolate frosting and wasn't sure how much yield the Bettercreme would give me. I had a 3 layer cake and used the Bettercreme as the filling between the layers, did a bottom border and a few decorations on top with it. The top and sides of the cake were frosted with the chocolate. Hope this makes sense. I was pleasantly surprised with the Bettercreme. It was quick and easy and everyone liked it. Will be using it again.

Report Violation

Bottom

gmoakes01
Posted: Saturday January 28, 2012 9:36 PM
View users profile

Where do you get this product - never heard of it.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday January 28, 2012 10:36 PM

Where the picture? Gmaokes - you can usually purchases Rich's Bettercream at Sam's club or Gordon Foods.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Sunday January 29, 2012 11:21 AM

I buy my Rich's Bettercreme at Gordon Food Services (GFS). You can go to their website to see where they have locations. I buy the frozen liquid version that comes in a carton and it has to be whipped. If you do a search here on "Bettercreme" you'll find additional info. You can use it as a filling, frosting, do borders and some flowers. It's supposed to hold up pretty well.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Sunday January 29, 2012 11:23 AM

mmumsie - I don't know how to post pics here. Plus, I didn't even take a picture of it. It would have been a good one too because it was on my new cake stand. Shame on me.

Report Violation

Bottom

swtycks
Posted: Sunday January 29, 2012 2:09 PM

Bettercreme is also available at Smart "N" Final

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Sunday January 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Since the Wilton forum makes it difficult at best to post a picture(having to reduce the size and all), I have found that if you join Photobucket, for free, you can upload your pictures and copy the html and post right here in the text field. Easy peasy!

Report Violation

Bottom

newbakermom
Posted: Tuesday January 31, 2012 12:22 PM

I have also bought bettercreme and tried it only once. Thankyou for the idea of adding flavoring to it. I've bought the chocolate one though in smart n final. Do you know if it also comes in white? I use Pastry Pride. Have you ever used it? Not many people use that and I would love to here other persons experience with using that? I've been having the same problem with it getting watery.

Report Violation

Bottom

FRIBWL
Posted: Tuesday January 31, 2012 7:27 PM
View users profile

Mmumsie, I took your suggestion. I joined photobucket. My picture is in an album. Now how do I share in the Wilton text box?

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Wednesday February 01, 2012 9:27 AM

newbakermom - I haven't tried the Pastry Pride. I've only tried the white vanilla Bettercream. I found this website that is sponsored by "Richs" and there is a decorating ideas tab across the top where you can view some ideas. I think the site is supposed to be for bakery designers, but it still lets you see the info. They have a small forum there also where you can view their comments about Bettercream.

http://www.cakepros.com/

Report Violation

Bottom

dittomom
Posted: Friday February 10, 2012 8:39 PM

dietcokenoice, I've been using Bettercreme since it came onto the market in 1985/86. If it is watery, you didn't whip it long enough. You also need to use the WIRE whip attatchment, not the paddle. One great thing about Bettercreme, you cannot ruin it. If you over whip it, it gets thick like putty, just add more liquid and use a slow speed to incorporate the liquid. Bettercreme is best whipped at 50 degrees or so. You can freeze it, it just gets slushy not really frozen. Any questions? Just ask. I'll keep checking back here!

Report Violation

Bottom

TamiKakes
Posted: Friday February 10, 2012 10:25 PM
View users profile

Dittomom- What is the flavor like of the bettercream? is it overly sweet? I have never heard of it and have a GFS by me, I would love to try it. How exactly does it work? Thanks for any feedback for me

Report Violation

Bottom

dittomom
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 7:45 PM

Tamikakes it's hard to explain the flavor of Bettercreme! The texture is light, like Cool Whip, but it is a little sweeter. Personally I prefer home made buttercream over Bettercreme. To me it tastes artificial. The vanilla flavor that is. The chocolate I really like. Especially as a filling inside the cake. I do like the vanilla if it's flavored. We flavor it with strong coffee and make mocha. I've also flavored it with cherry juice, mint, and it's really good with oreo cookies crushed up and added to it.
You must whip it cold, not room temp. Use the wire whisk attatchment and whip until soft peak. Use a medium speed. It doubles in volume so be careful not to overfill your mixing bowl. If you overwhip, it is extremely hard to spread onto your cakes. To fix, just add more liquid Bettercream and mix slowly.
Any more questions? Just ask!

Report Violation

Bottom

jasamy
Posted: Wednesday June 06, 2012 1:03 PM

After it is whipped and on/in cake, does it still have to be refrigerated?

Report Violation

Bottom

CAREcakes
Posted: Thursday June 07, 2012 12:14 AM
View users profile

I wish they had bettercreme at my smart n final. All they carry is pastry pride or frostin pride. I aways ads flavor to mine. A little vanilla or even the tourani syrups before whipping. Also peanut butter. Make awesome peanut butter frosting! Light and airy! Yum!

Report Violation

Bottom

atomicladie
Posted: Thursday June 07, 2012 4:46 PM

I feel the pain of posting pictures, hope when my daughter comes home for the summer she can help me, but the photbucket thing, hope she knows what that is all about...wish my son were here...he can do anything on the computer.

Report Violation

Bottom

PattyDif
Posted: Wednesday May 01, 2013 9:26 PM
View users profile

I know this is an older post but I have to tell you about my Bettercreme experience. I contacted the local Sam's Club and asked them if they sell it. They said yes. I asked what is the size. They said, "Oh, a small bucket size". Ok, I'm thinking around a quart or half gallon. I drive 15 minutes to my local Sam's Club on my lunch break at work thinking I could buy it and put it in our freezer at work until I'm ready to go home. They only sell it in the ready to spread style, frozen. I get there and asked the bakery for the Bettercream. They bring out this approximately 5 gallon bucket of Bettercreme. They don't have anything smaller. Wow! I have NO WHERE to freeze this large of a container. So...I'm thinking.....in a few months, when I get settled in my new house, I'll will shop around for an upright freezer so I can buy this husge amount of Bettercreme. For $28, it's a bargain!

Does anyone know where I can buy it in smaller quantities?

Report Violation

Bottom

dottiepark
Posted: Thursday May 02, 2013 8:24 AM
View users profile

Patty, I'll share with you, or I'll buy it and give you some to sample. Send me a PM...I know we are neighbors, sort of.

Report Violation

Bottom

PattyDif
Posted: Friday May 03, 2013 8:35 PM
View users profile

Dottie that sounds like a great idea! We could split the container between the two of us. It will have to be after we move. We are under contract and in the process of buying a home. So we are trying not to add more things to pack and move. Lol. Moving at the end of June. We'll be even closer to Philly than where we live now.

I'll keep this thread in my favorites so after we get settled in, I would love to do that! I hear so many good things about Bettercreme so it would be a good idea to have on hand.

Report Violation

Bottom

emmer_d
Posted: Thursday May 09, 2013 10:10 AM
View users profile

$28 is a good price for that much 'icing'.

If you can't find chocoalate, what's the easiest way to make it chocolate? Melted chocolate? I wonder if that would deflate it at all.

I need to remember this for quick fillings - something different than regular bc.

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: