skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Just got my Nostalgia electrics Donut hole maker!!
Created On Friday May 27, 2011 6:06 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

momofmultiples
Posted: Friday May 27, 2011 6:06 PM
View users profile

Ok so I couldn't get my hand on a babycakes pop maker I gave in and bought a donut hole maker it works perfect! They are larger than the babycake pops but I think this is going to be a good thing cause they are about one serving size!! When I get caught up on orders I will make some and take pics! Just wanted to tell everyone that I got it and it works GREAT for pops!! It is at walmart.com for 24.00 shipping was like 5.00 and it got here in a couple of days!

Report Violation

Bottom

Endrica
Posted: Saturday May 28, 2011 6:18 AM

What's the diameter of the hole?

Report Violation

Bottom

momofmultiples
Posted: Saturday May 28, 2011 8:06 AM
View users profile

It is almost 2in in diameter ad they are deep too! It makes 7 at a time but it only takes like 3 or 4 min! I love it!

Report Violation

Bottom

Endrica
Posted: Saturday May 28, 2011 9:17 AM

Wow thats a lil big XD I want to make the hong kong style egg puffs..
Great that you love it !
Btw, i saw a blog post saying that it doesn't round. So, can just flip the maker to spread the batter to the top lid?

Report Violation

Bottom

momofmultiples
Posted: Saturday May 28, 2011 2:37 PM
View users profile

There is a recipe for some kind of puffs in the book! I think they are a great size for adults! I think I might get the babycakes one for kids parties! Mine were perfectly round hate that someone else had problem!

Report Violation

Bottom

Endrica
Posted: Tuesday June 07, 2011 6:53 AM

i wanted to get one soon, hopefully by this week.
i'm also getting sunbeam mini donut maker .
But you know.. online shopping.. no true dimension stated.

The mini donut maker that i really wanted previously was actually the williams sonoma's mini donut maker(makes 1.5" diameter donuts), however, i believe they won't be back so soon. So i guess i should get the sunbeam mini donut maker(not sure of the diameter) as it's aesthetic compared to the smart planet maker(makes 1.75"-2").
But another worry. does the sunbeam mini donut maker makes bigger donut than the smart planet? LOL, lots of problem i know.

Smartplanet : http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Planet-MDM-1-Donut-Maker/dp/B002Y0483O/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1307112450&sr=1-1
Sunbeam: http://www.brandsmartusa.com/ProductViewer.aspx?c=0&m=0&sc=0&pg=1&pgs=10&pid=2012280

In the end, by looking at pictures and dimension provided, i believe the sunbeam donut maker has the same dimension as the donut hole maker.

I want my donuts to be as tiny as possible like these: http://blog.s2factory.co.jp/umeta/2009/08/teacake-20090806.html
About 3.7cm. So the exact diameter in cm/mm is confirmed to be 5cm/50mm(2")?

Report Violation

Bottom

cupcakecutie1986
Posted: Saturday July 23, 2011 10:27 PM

Mine turned out like misshapen lumps on the top half and I took it back. I had the bottoms filled to the very top and even spilling a little. I also found them to be huge twice the size of a regular pop.

Report Violation

Bottom

momofmultiples
Posted: Sunday July 24, 2011 9:27 AM
View users profile

cupcakecutie1986 - Mine come out perfect every time! I have made them wuite a few times now and love it! Sorry you had trouble with it! I have 5 dozen to do next weekend! Hope you find a product that works for you!

Report Violation

Bottom

momofmultiples
Posted: Sunday July 24, 2011 9:28 AM
View users profile

They are bugger than the cake pop maker ones BUT they are a perffect size for adults! Everyone hasn't had a problem so far!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: