skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How to clean really old cake pans
Created On Tuesday May 18, 2010 3:50 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

watergate
Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2010 3:50 PM

Hi does any one know how to make really old cake cakes look good again

Report Violation

Bottom

kimber300
Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2010 4:43 PM
View users profile

try some vinegar. Just put a half a cup or so in your sink full of water. It might take a little elboy grease but it does work.

Report Violation

Bottom

watergate
Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2010 8:12 PM

thanks I am going to try this when I am off the week-end got like 20 to clean. They belong to a friends grandmother and she gave them to me

Report Violation

Bottom

chefjonms
Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2010 8:59 PM
View users profile

when i get older pans they often have some glue in them from where the insert was stuck to the pan. Many people do not remove this and just go ahead and bake in the pan. So you may need some "Goof Off" to remove this.

Also, if the pans you have were washed in a dishwasher, you won't be able to get them back to the original condition. You can still use the pans, but you will never get the shine back on the metal.

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2010 9:46 PM

Try making a paste of lemon juice & baking soda !! Just rub in circles - should help some !! Then clean in how soapy water

Report Violation

Bottom

blkbltbkrgal
Posted: Wednesday June 16, 2010 11:57 PM

Bon Ami. I have used it for all of my pans from glass to teflon to anodized aluminum and all bakeware. I even used it on my backyard shed when some low-life spray painted it and the cleanser took the paint off without harming the coating on the aluminum. your pans may not shine like brand new, but bonami gets a lot of baked on gunk off. do NOT use on stoneware cooking surfaces, tho.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: