skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Wilton Bake it Better 12 Cavity Bar Pan
Created On Sunday January 24, 2010 8:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

owenja
Posted: Sunday January 24, 2010 8:11 PM

I bought this really great pan at Walmart recently. I can find absolutely no information about the pan anywhere on the Wilton site. It's called 12 Cavity Bar Pan from the Bake It Better line. The product # is 2105-7120. I am hoping to find a bit of information on using the pan - for example baking times for brownies, cakes, etc. Maybe a recipe that someone has used successfully. It really is a nifty pan - each little cake is 2 1/2 in square.

I also bought the silicone brownie bits pan - haven't used it yet - anybody else?

Thanks

Report Violation

Bottom

ms nita
Posted: Monday January 25, 2010 6:13 AM

I bough the same pan and cant find any info. I thought the little cakes would be perfect to practice decorating .

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Monday January 25, 2010 7:52 AM

What about contacing Wilton directly ?

info@wilton.com

Report Violation

Bottom

Pandy
Posted: Monday January 25, 2010 2:08 PM

I have a similar pan. Corn muffins take 28min.@ 350 and Brownies 28-30 min.

Report Violation

Bottom

rvbh62
Posted: Thursday January 28, 2010 7:04 PM

I bought the cavity bar pan yesterday at Wal Mart too. I thought I would make mini cakes. I can't find any info either.
Wilton help us out here.

Report Violation

Bottom

tpath
Posted: Sunday January 31, 2010 5:46 PM

I just bought this pan today. I sprayed the pan with canola oil spray prior to dropping in the batter. I used a regular brownie mix from a box, added 1/2 cup of walnuts & 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I baked it at 325 for 30 mins. You should wait 30 - 45 mins for them to cool before trying to remove them from the pan. A knife slid around the edge helps to remove the brownies. They were perfectly baked and tasted delicious. The pan clean up was easy as well.

Report Violation

Bottom

bellringer
Posted: Tuesday February 09, 2010 9:08 AM

I got this pan for Christmas and am having problems find what to do with it also. I also got a mini bundt type pan, smaller than I found on the Wilton website. There are 12 to a pan. Anyone have any ideas?

Report Violation

Bottom

MOMDATBAKES
Posted: Thursday March 04, 2010 2:41 PM

I PURCHASED THE PAN THIS MORNING I STARTED OUT MY DAY LOOKING FOR A MINI SQUARE PAN TO MY SUPRISE I NOTICED THIS PAN I FELT LIKE A KID IN TOYS R US I GRABBED TWO HEADED OUT NOW MY MINI CAKES WILL COME OUT EASIER INSTEAD OF ME CUTTING MINI SQUARES WELL I GET HOME NO INFO AT ALL SO I FOLLOW CUP CAKES INSTRUCTIONS NO LUCK THERE PAN STILL OVER FILLED SO I GOOGLED AND CAME ACROSS THIS HOPE IT HELPS (HAD A RECIPE ATTACHED AS WELL)

Calphalon's Dessert Bar Pan is unique. You can bake any dessert bar recipe in this. Simply fill each cavity 1/2 full of your favorite batter and bake individual desserts. They come out much prettier than when a sheet is cut up. Bake individual cakes or petit fours with this pan also. Durable nonstick surface for easy rerlease.

Orange Chocolate Chewies:

4 Eggs, slightly beaten

2 Cups Granulated Sugar

1 Tsp. Vanilla

1 Cup Butter

4 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate

1 Cup plus 2 TB. All Purpose Flour

1 Cup Chopped Walnuts

Icing:

1/2 Cup Soft Butter

1/8 Tsp. Salt

3-1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar

1 Tsp. Fresh Orange Zest

2 TB. Orange Juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Lightly grease Calphalon Dessert Bar Pan.

Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla together well. Melt butter with chocolate in a small saucepan. Cool slightly; mix with egg mixture. Add flour & nuts; mix well. Spoon into pan, filling each cavity 1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Cool slightly and remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. Top each with Orange icing and garnish as desired.

For icing: Beat butter with mixer till smooth. Stir in salt, powdered sugar, orange zest and orange juice. Beat until smooth.

Report Violation

Bottom

HappyRosie
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 6:56 PM

Thanks for starting this post. I just bought this pan from WalMart last week...it was so cool, I just couldn't pass it up. Thought it would be great for holidays, etc, just like everyone else. But can't find any advice or even reference to it on the Wilton site....other than this one forum thread.

I'd love to do muffins in this pan...where can I get square muffin cups? Love to hear any other news or advice about this pan from Wilton.

Report Violation

Bottom

char-lee
Posted: Saturday October 23, 2010 11:16 PM
View users profile

bellringer,
I have the mini bundt type pans and they are perfect for personal size rum cakes that get pretty popular around the holidays.
I have the square as well but havent used them yet. Right now they are holding some gum paste flowers for me.

Report Violation

Bottom

rockymtnrose
Posted: Wednesday September 28, 2011 4:18 PM

I bought this today and made a boxed white cake recipe. Sprayed the pan with Pam and put 1/4 cup of batter into each box. Cooked at 350 degrees for 16 minutes. They came out great!

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday September 28, 2011 5:21 PM

I'm really surprised it came with no baking instructions. I too would suggest contacting Wilton. GL

Report Violation

Bottom

debcom7
Posted: Friday November 11, 2011 8:18 AM

Can you please tell me the measurement (size) of the squares in the pan ? i am looking at another square muffin pan and they say theres is larger holes...thank you

Report Violation

Bottom

dorsa4047
Posted: Monday November 14, 2011 11:57 AM

debcom,
owenja said the openings are 2-1/2" square (which is larger than a petit four.) Another poster put in 1/4 cp of cake batter, and said it came out great. Maybe that will give you an idea of the size.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: