skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: African American Doll Pick Cake Topper
Created On Tuesday December 01, 2009 10:43 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

PrincessMom
Posted: Tuesday December 01, 2009 10:43 PM

Has anyone see an African American Doll Pick Cake Topper? I see Wilton has an ethnic choice with about 3 different dolls but none appear to be African American? My daughters birthday is January and we want her personal cake to be the doll cake. If someone has seen a Princess Tiana pic that would work also.

Thanks in advance.

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 7:57 AM
View users profile

Okay try this site. Hope this help you out. I just took your topic words and did a Google Search and found several but this is what I think you are talking about.

Copy this link and paste in your web browser.

http://www.bakingshop.com/cakes/girls/dolls.htm

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 8:04 AM
View users profile

Oh go to this site. What a difference in the price. That other site's prices must be wrong.......or I just looked at it wrong.

http://www.partyworld.net/catalog/detail.epl?shop=category&category_id=CMOLD&subcategory_id=SDOLLP&product_id=33000

http://www.partyworld.net/catalog/thumbnail.epl?shop=category&category_id=CMOLD&subcategory_id=SDOLLP

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 8:08 AM
View users profile

Duh, okay I am slow today. The first site it's a box of 12 for the larger picks and a box of 24 for the smaller picks.

Makes more sense. Even if you needed to buy more than 1 that still is a good price.

Hope this helps you.

Report Violation

Bottom

BooBear
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 8:11 AM

Here's a thought...why not buy a Princess Tiana doll? Is one available? Just this past Saturday I put together a Barbie cake for my niece. I just Saran wrapped the doll from the waist down, cut the hole a little bigger at the top of the dome (wonder mold) cake to accommodate Barbie's hips. I also made an 8 inch layer for the bottom of the dome...Barbie is quite tall. The cake was beautiful, and my niece got to take her Barbie home with her. She is three, lives in Denmark and this is her first Barbie!

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 8:17 AM
View users profile

That could work too, it's only $4.99 at Target. If it's available now.

http://www.target.com/Disney-Princess-Feature-Tiana-Doll/dp/B002TRNB44

Report Violation

Bottom

PrincessMom
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 12:28 PM

Great minds think a like. We have not been able to put our hands on one and most will not be available on the website until a month which is too close for comfort.

Thanks again, I think we will result to the regular doll I brought at least she has a purple tiara but I didn't want such a large cake since it's her personal 1 year old cake.

PrincessMom

Report Violation

Bottom

PrincessMom
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 12:30 PM

Thank you for locating one. The topper is not very attractive and still doesn't have a tiara. My friend has found some local bakery supply stores and is going to look for me other wise I just have to do the tall doll.

Thanks a million for your websites. I will keep an eye on the $4.99 doll I have only see the $25.99 dolls.

PrincessMom

Report Violation

Bottom

karen
Posted: Wednesday December 02, 2009 11:25 PM

BooBear, I'm glad your Barbie cake was a success. I posted a reply to your original post about adding the 8" layer on the bottom, etc. Glad I could help.

Report Violation

Bottom

BooBear
Posted: Friday December 04, 2009 10:50 AM

Karen thank you so much for the tip about the 8" layer for the bottom. It truly made a difference. Although the cake was done with simple stars (I was really pressed for time), it was really lovely and I impressed the heck out of my mother-in-law, who is a fabulous baker. She doesn't do anything like this so I really knocker her socks off!!

Thanks for all your help!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: