skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Hard Fondant
Created On Sunday September 06, 2009 10:11 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

fabulous
Posted: Sunday September 06, 2009 10:11 AM

Help! My fondant is hard. We just opened the boxes and they are like little bricks. What do we do? Do we add water like with playdough?

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Sunday September 06, 2009 11:04 AM

If they are so hard you can't even kneed the "bricks" I think they go back to the store as defective.

Report Violation

Bottom

lovegrace
Posted: Sunday September 06, 2009 11:36 AM

Put Crisco on your hands and worksurface. You have to kneed the fondant for a while to get it to soften. Adding Crisco to the fondant makes it more pliable.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Sunday September 06, 2009 12:17 PM
View users profile

I used to have that problem all the time with Wilton fondant. Since I've switched to MMF or Satin Ice, a little kneading is all it takes because those fondants don't get so rock hard.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Sunday September 06, 2009 1:22 PM

I'm with Jeanne on this...if it's actually rock hard, I'd take it back for a replacement or refund.
But if it's just kinda hard..you can warm it for a short while in the microwave. I do it for about 20 seconds. If that isn't enough, try a few seconds more but remember it heats from the inside out so don't burn yourself.

This was a hint I saw on here and I tried it and it worked. I'd been throwing away lots of leftover fondant before I read that.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: