skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pam cooking spray with flour
Created On Tuesday May 12, 2009 11:26 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

tsimonton
Posted: Tuesday May 12, 2009 11:26 PM

I have Wilton cake pans and recently I bought a Wilton Train Pan to use for my son's birthday. I read and followed the directions that Wilton put with the Train Pan. When trying to get the cake out of the pan, it fell apart, into three peices. I also made a sheet cake using a Wilton cake pan. I sprayed it with Pam cooking spray with flour. After baking and letting the cake cool, I placed a cake board over the pan and flipped the cake over. The cake came out of the pan with no problem. Next time, I am going to use the Pam cooking spray w/flour on the Train Pan. Just wanted to pass this trick along to others who get frustrated when trying to get the cake out of the pan.

Report Violation

Bottom

jillrog
Posted: Wednesday May 13, 2009 2:24 PM

Thanks for sharing! Since I tried Baker's Joy spray, I haven't used anything else since. I have had absolutely no problems! My cakes come out of the pan so great when I use it. Do I sound like a commercial yet...lol

Report Violation

Bottom

obesa
Posted: Wednesday May 13, 2009 2:42 PM

I compared Pam for baking and Bakers Joy one day. I'd take Pam for baking anyday.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday May 13, 2009 3:58 PM

Any cake pan, plastic, silicone, or aluminum needs to be greased and floured. You have several delivery methods to choose from. I like sprays such as Bake Easy, Baker's Joy etc. Some like Cake Release, or the old Crisco and flour. Here is a homemade version cake release - mix equal parts of oil, Crisco and flour. Like 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup Crisco and 1/4 cup of oil. combine and store in a sealable plastic container. Brush it on your pan, and you shouldn't have any more sticking.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: