skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Pam cooking spray with flour
tsimonton 05/12/2009 11:26 PM
I have Wilton cake pans and recently I bought a Wilton Train Pan to use for my son's birthday. I read and followed the directions that Wilton put with the Train Pan. When trying to get the cake out of the pan, it fell apart, into three peices. I also made a sheet cake using a Wilton cake pan. I sprayed it with Pam cooking spray with flour. After baking and letting the cake cool, I placed a cake board over the pan and flipped the cake over. The cake came out of the pan with no problem. Next time, I am going to use the Pam cooking spray w/flour on the Train Pan. Just wanted to pass this trick along to others who get frustrated when trying to get the cake out of the pan.
jillrog 05/13/2009 2:24 PM
Thanks for sharing! Since I tried Baker's Joy spray, I haven't used anything else since. I have had absolutely no problems! My cakes come out of the pan so great when I use it. Do I sound like a commercial yet...lol

obesa 05/13/2009 2:42 PM
I compared Pam for baking and Bakers Joy one day. I'd take Pam for baking anyday.
mmumsie 05/13/2009 3:58 PM
Any cake pan, plastic, silicone, or aluminum needs to be greased and floured. You have several delivery methods to choose from. I like sprays such as Bake Easy, Baker's Joy etc. Some like Cake Release, or the old Crisco and flour. Here is a homemade version cake release - mix equal parts of oil, Crisco and flour. Like 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup Crisco and 1/4 cup of oil. combine and store in a sealable plastic container. Brush it on your pan, and you shouldn't have any more sticking.