skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Powdered Food Coloring
Created On Monday March 23, 2009 2:46 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

naturenut
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 2:46 PM

Hi there, I just joined this group in an effort to try and find the Wilton Powdered food coloring. I used it many years ago when I baked cakes and lately all I can find are the gels.

If anyone can direct me to where I can purchase/order the powdered colors from I'd really appreciate it. I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks!
Val

Report Violation

Bottom

dottiepark
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 5:28 PM
View users profile

How about Googling "powdered food coloring"?

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 5:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've spent hours searching online and can't find anything. I even searched the Wilton site and came up empty handed. I've tried everything "Wilton powdered food coloring"...powdered food coloring....food coloring...cake decorating supplies etc etc.

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

peg
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 6:56 PM

CK makes a powdered food coloring. And there is a product called Crystal Colors that is a wonderful line of colors. You can find them at www.sugarpaste.com or www.globalsugarart.com

Global may also carry the ck powdered colors but i'm not sure of that.

As far as i know wilton does make colors in powdered form.

Report Violation

Bottom

dottiepark
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 9:06 PM
View users profile

Seriously, Google powdered food coloring...first four hits are prettypartyplace.com, shopbakersnook.com, sugarcraft.com, candylandcrafts.com. Heck, you can order the stuff through amazon.com.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 9:14 PM

I carry powder colors at slice-heaven.com. If you don't see the color you want we can get it for you.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Monday March 23, 2009 10:05 PM

Is there a particular reason that you want powder? Have you tried the pastes and gels?

Report Violation

Bottom

peg
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 8:58 AM

I just reread my post and it was supposed to read

As far as i know wilton doesn't make powdered colors. (can't find the edit button)

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 9:03 AM

Thanks again, but as I stated in my first post, I live in Ontario, Canada....and was trying to find a place up here that I can order from.

It's not that I can't find any place that sells the powder, but every place I've found online is in the States. By the time I pay exchange, taxes, duties, the cost of the powder is more than double :(( So if I can find somewhere up here that sells it, I'd rather do that )

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 9:06 AM

Yes, I use the gels now, but due to some health problems I can no longer make my own icing...too exhausting/time consuming and my body ends up sick for days after...so, I buy whipped icing from one of our local bake shops. It does not stand up well when adding the gel coloring. The icing gets too watery.

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 9:07 AM

Thanks mummsie. Can I email you privately about ordering?

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

brikl
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 4:30 PM

naturenut, have you looked to see if there are any cake and candy supply stores in your area? I googled "cake and candy supply" plus the name of my city and found quite a few, which really surprised me.

Report Violation

Bottom

peg
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 6:34 PM

Creative cutters is in Canada they may carry what you are looking for. Also, how close to the boarder are you. There are some cake shops that are very close to canada. Check out google and see if there is any where in driving distance, might make a nice day trip.

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 6:47 PM

Unfortunately we only have two places that carry any kind of supplies and neither has the powder. I was able to finally find a place in Canada that does carry it however, and I placed an order this afternoon....yipeee!

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

naturenut
Posted: Tuesday March 24, 2009 6:48 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out. No, I don't live near the border...I'm in Northern Ontario

Val

Report Violation

Bottom

etneggs
Posted: Friday March 27, 2009 9:42 PM

Have you thought about using kool-aid or other powdwered drink mixes? Not only do you get a beautiful color you get a great flavor!!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday March 28, 2009 10:36 AM

Most definitely! Let's figure out what we can do. Contact me at susan@slice-heaven.com

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday March 28, 2009 11:52 AM

Naturenut, you may wish to consider a larger quantity. I can get you 4 oz bottles or 12 1 oz. bottles of your favorite colors.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: