skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Creme bouquet flavoring
Created On Friday March 20, 2009 6:46 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 3 4 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

riverchild
Posted: Friday March 20, 2009 6:46 PM

When using creme bouquet, do I add it in addition to what my recipe calls for or do I substitute it? I bought some today and want to use it tomorrow. Also, the woman at the cake supply store said it has a french vanilla taste. Is that correct? Thanks.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Friday March 20, 2009 6:49 PM

Haven't used it yet. Just ordered some for a customer. I would substitute some of the liquid in the recipe where used. If it calls for water or milk, that is where I'd substitute. Are you using it in cake or icing? Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Friday March 20, 2009 7:43 PM

I use it a lot. I generally use it instead of vanilla or other flavoring or extract. It has a very slight citrus overtone.

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Friday March 20, 2009 7:47 PM

Mmumsie, I plan to use it in my buttercream icing on a vanilla cake.
Jeanne G, do you get good responses to the flavoring versus the regular buttercream? It smells good in the bottle. I did notice it has a citrus like scent.

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Friday March 20, 2009 8:42 PM

Oh my yes ... it is very popular!

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 2:37 PM
View users profile

Does anyone prefer it over Wedding Bouquet?

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 3:35 PM

I haven't heard of Wedding Bouquet. Who sells that?

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 3:49 PM
View users profile

Here's an mock version of cream bouquet. I found it at cakecentral.

Creme Bouquet

1 T. lemon extract (I believe she used lemon juice but I tried lemon extract)
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
1 t. butter flavoring

Here is the Wedding Bouquet link..
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21577

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 4:12 PM

cattitude, is that really 1 Tablespoon of lemon extract and 1 teaspoon each of everything else? That would mean the mixture is half lemon, and I would think that would give it a much stronger citrus flavor than the commercial product has.

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 4:23 PM
View users profile

Yes, that is one tablespoon. I copied and pasted as written. I guess you can start with one teaspoon and move add more from there. I'm going to try one teaspoon first. HTH

Note: I have not tried this...this was written by someone else.

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 4:28 PM
View users profile

Here's the link Jeanne G.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-591803-.html

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 5:40 PM

There would be a great deal of difference between lemon juice and lemon extract!!

Report Violation

Bottom

brikl
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 7:38 PM

Jeanne, which brand do you use? I was just reading online that the brands can be very different from each other.

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 7:56 PM

I just finish decorating a cake using the creme bouquet in my buttercream icing as well as using the vanilla and butter flavorings. Awesome! I love the flavor it gives the icing. All of my family had a swipe off the beater and absolutely loved it. The brand I used is made by CK Products.

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:03 PM
View users profile

I have read that the CK brand Creme Bouquet tastes not as good as Magic Lines.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:14 PM

Have you heard of SUNSHINE Flavoring

6 Tbs. Clear Butter Flavoring
8 Tbs. No-Color Vanilla Flavoring
3 Tbs. No-Color Almond Extract
3 Tbs. Orange Flavoring
3 Tbs. Lemon Flavoring

Funnel all into 12 oz. bottle (old rinsed out Sprite bottle or 7-Up bottle or liquor bottle). Shake well before each use. Use in Wilton’s Snow White Buttercream Icing recipe, sugar cookie recipes, white cake mix, or add a little “zing” to your royal icing,etc. Use same amount of “Sunshine Flavoring” as recipe calls for. Store in refrigerator for long term storage.

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:24 PM

cattittude, I don't know what the Magic Lines taste like, but the CK brand tastes good to me. If I ever see it I would probably buy it just to see. Until I posted my question about creme bouquet, I didn't know there was more than one.

Mmumsie, I've never heard of that. Did you see it in a Wilton book? I bet combining all those flavorings would taste really good. It would take me a long time to use that up.

Report Violation

Bottom

Sugar Pie
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:27 PM

I cannot wait to try both of these recipes! Thanks so much Cattitude and Mmumsie.
I had never heard of Cream Bouquet until reading about it on this site. I've tried to find it in the big city as I live in a small town, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I love to try different flavorings, and this sounds so good to me. Anything citrus and I'm hooked!
Thanks again!

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:31 PM

brikl, for years I've used Magic Line, because that was available to me locally. When my local source went out of business (sniff ) I ordered some and it turned out to be CK. The CK stuff smells a little more lemony to me.

I pretty much avoid eating frosting myself. As a diabetic I find many other treats I prefer to spend my carbs on. So I haven't really noticed if there is a difference in flavor. No one I bake for has mentioned it to me if they've noticed. If I ever happen to have both brands on hand at the same time I might do a taste test. It is not a real high priority for me right now.

The thing about taste is that it is very personal. I've tested lots of different recipes (very formally, with identical cakes except for one thing, and having the tasters fill out a form, etc.) for various frostings and cakes. One thing I've learned is that absolutely every recipe has had people who think it is great and absolutely very recipe has had people who don't like it at all.

It is nice to find something that most of the people who are important to you like. You'll never find something that everyone likes, or that everyone hates. And it ultimately doesn't matter what someone in cyberspace likes ... what matters is what those near and dear to you like.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Saturday March 21, 2009 10:45 PM

The SUNSHINE flavor recipe was given to me from another Wilton teacher that she got it from her family long ago. She just uses Wilton flavorings because that is what she uses. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good recipe for spring time icing decoration.

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 3 4 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: