skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Brownie pops
Created On Friday February 13, 2009 8:39 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

AWill410
Posted: Sunday January 18, 2009 8:28 PM

Just bought the mold and would love to know if anyone has tried this yet? I need some really good hints like how long should I bake the brownies for? (I'm using a mix)When should I put the stick in the brownie? How does it stay in? Should I dip it in melted chocolate to make sure?

I could think of some more, but chances are you may just have all the answers when you respond. Thanks so much!

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday January 21, 2009 4:01 PM

Insert the stick after baking.

After baking and the have cooled completely, pop the brownies into the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from freezer and dip the bottom of each cupcake into the melted chocolate. Set aside with, bottom-side up, to prepared baking sheet. To make lollipops, insert a lollipop stick into the bottom of each cupcake. Let chocolate set, 15 to 20 minutes.

Report Violation

Bottom

AWill410
Posted: Thursday January 22, 2009 8:52 AM

How long did you bake it for? at what temp? Thanks so much for your help!

Report Violation

Bottom

AWill410
Posted: Thursday January 22, 2009 8:52 AM

How long did you bake it for and at what temperature? Thanks so much for your help. I can't wait to try them. Got a picture?

Report Violation

Bottom

Emmalou
Posted: Friday January 23, 2009 8:50 AM

Look at the brownie pop pan in the on-line store on the Wilton website. The instructions are included in the description of the product.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=AF3F6982-1E0B-C910-EA22596AF53FAE39

Report Violation

Bottom

mlouhc
Posted: Wednesday February 04, 2009 8:32 AM

I just purchased this mold and have had a very difficult time. I finally called Wilton today since there were no instructions or recipe attached. Basically they said the same as their website, but added that you should fill to the top, only use the 6 or 8" stick and bake for a 25-30 minute timeframe and add the stick half way thru the baking cycle. They also asked if I had purchased the new brownie book. I will try and do the freezer trick and see if that will work. Thanks. I was wondering what kind of brownie recipe is best used for this? A cake like or fudge type? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Report Violation

Bottom

AWill410
Posted: Wednesday February 04, 2009 4:01 PM

I used the Duncan Hines Chewy mix. Came out great. They're frozen right now but I think once they're defrosted which doesn't take long, the sticks will insert easily. Then I'm planning to dip them into chocolate and decorate with heart sprinkles for Valentine's Day.

Report Violation

Bottom

ktsam
Posted: Wednesday February 04, 2009 4:01 PM

I baked them at 350 for about 35 minutes! Yes, a lot longer than I expected. I let them cool for about 1 hour. Popped them out of the pan and dipped only the bottom in Bakers Dipping Chocolate (microwavable). Then I put them on a rack so the chocolate could drip through. Then I used a spoon to cover the entire pop with chocolate. Then I sprinkled with colored jimmies - THEN I put the stick in. I put them in the refrig for about 30 min. Then I wrapped them in clear bags and tied with really cute ribbons. Hope this helps.

Report Violation

Bottom

ginastary
Posted: Wednesday February 04, 2009 4:07 PM

I too recently bought the Brownie Pops mold. I've tried it 6 times now, and have yet to have a single brownie come out looking like the photo. It seems as if the brownies are sticking to the inside of the mold towards the center. I've tried adding more non-stick spray, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?

Report Violation

Bottom

AWill410
Posted: Thursday February 05, 2009 8:08 AM

I haven't had that problem. Make sure you don't use anything other than soapy water to clean as it says on the label. Are you waiting for them to cool before taking them out. I've been cutting the tops off to make them level since I'm planning on dipping that end anyway. I just bought the mini brownie pan. LOVE that one too. Might work better for you

Report Violation

Bottom

Wilton
Posted: Monday February 09, 2009 4:33 PM

You can view more information on the Blossom Brownie Pops 6-Cavity Silicone Mold at this link
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=AF401B3E-1E0B-C910-EAC03EDB3BD44DDF.

Also, be sure to click on the link toward the bottom of that page
"Click here for frequently asked questions about silicone."

We hope this helps!

Report Violation

Bottom

mlouhc
Posted: Thursday February 12, 2009 4:16 PM

Thanks Wilton for trying to help, but I still haven't been successful with the brownie pops. I was entering them in a contest and gave up and just baked thick brownies and cut them out with a biscuit cutter and put a stick in and dipped in chocolate. Looked great, but really I wanted the pop mold to work. I might try at a later date, when my baking skills improve or I find another product that works better.

Report Violation

Bottom

4nomore
Posted: Friday February 13, 2009 8:39 AM

I just tried these pops today for the first time and here is what I found out. First, they take a long time so if you need more than 8, get more pans or plan for almost 2 hours per pan, before even decorating! They must cool inside the pans to keep their shape, One Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge box mix (made with the non cake-like recipe) filled two 8 pops pans. I sprayed Bakers Joy liberally into the holes and filled them level with the tops of the holes. They baked at 350 for 38 minutes, then immediately after coming out, I trimmed the "overbake" sides to the hole width with a regular kitchen knife. Doing this while hot let it happen before they set. I did not also cut the extra height off at pan level because that would cut off the crust part, plus later after decorating, you couldn't tell anyway. After cooling in the pans for about an hour, they came out easily and kept shape. To decorate, I dipped the flat part in candy chocolate and rolled in nuts, used sprinkles or whatever and set them back on wax paper. Then later I drizzled chocolate on the rounded parts and added more decor. After all was set, I inserted 6"Cookie & Craft sticks then bagged and tied them into bundles. They are very top heavy! Hope that helps, because I couldn't find much info when I started, especially on how much mix would make how many pops.

Report Violation

Bottom

Wilton
Posted: Friday February 13, 2009 8:59 AM

Mlouhc – we have forwarded your post to our customer service department. Someone will contact you soon to follow-up on your experience with the brownie pops mold. We want to help you create prize-winning brownies!

Report Violation

Bottom

kdobb
Posted: Thursday October 08, 2009 12:29 PM

I tried the Brownie Pops last night for the first time. It was not a great experience. I used a box recipe. The brownie didnt stay on the stick and they also came out with the bottomes lopsided. After reading the forum, I think I took them out of the molds too early. What is the best way to melt the candy melts?

Report Violation

Bottom

RAM
Posted: Thursday October 29, 2009 8:34 AM

Does anyone know is it possible to use a cake mix in the mold? I made the brownies - turned out great. Now I would like to use cake mixes.

Report Violation

Bottom

Ellie'sMom
Posted: Thursday October 29, 2009 4:31 PM

RAM - I made the brownie pops last night and used the brownie mix but used the extra egg recipe so it was more cake like. They turned out wonderfully and the texture was very much cake like! I was very pleased with my finished product. I did freeze after cooling in order for them to retain their shape, etc. Enjoy!!

Report Violation

Bottom

RAM
Posted: Friday October 30, 2009 10:16 AM

Thanks, I will try this weekend. I didn't think of freezing the pops prior to unmolding, I bet that will help!

Report Violation

Bottom

cattitude
Posted: Saturday November 07, 2009 6:23 PM
View users profile

If you're in a rush, you really need at least 2 brownie pop pans. Do not fill them to the top because they will rise out and to the side. Test one and see how high to fill.......about 3/4 full or 3/4 plus a spoonful. When done, pop the pops into the freezer. When really cold, they will pop out like torpedos! I hand wash mine with soapy water and dry with a flour sack dish towel.

PS...if you overfill them, don't worry...just trip them by running a knife on the edge of the pan to level them while they are still in the pan and slightly warm.

Report Violation

Bottom

lesliesolo
Posted: Monday November 09, 2009 3:18 PM

I have the mold, but haven't used it yet... however, I have been advised to brush Wilton Cake Release into the molds before pouring the batter in so that the brownies will come out easily without losing shape or crumbling. It sounds like it's worth a shot to me!

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Products < REFRESH >
Navigation: