skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Seasonal < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Edible tea cup
Created On Wednesday February 04, 2009 4:01 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

leen3611
Posted: Monday January 26, 2009 3:52 PM

I need to make edible tea cups for Willie Wonka to use in a local community theater production. My first thought was to use candy melts but I think gum paste might be better. BUT, I've never used it. Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome. If you need to see what it looks like, Google Willie Wonka edible tea cup and you'll get a great picture. Thanks in advance.

Report Violation

Bottom

hpjmom
Posted: Tuesday January 27, 2009 3:47 PM

I would worry that the candy melts teacup would melt when the actors handle it. I don't have a lot of experience with chocolate, that was just my first thought. I'd probably go with gum paste. It looks like a daffodil, so you might be able to find instructions for making gum paste daffodils & use those.

Report Violation

Bottom

dixie1028
Posted: Sunday February 01, 2009 8:28 PM

I have made " edible" cups before using fondant, although they werenot actually eaten but here is how i mad mine ( they too looked like flowers).

First you roll out and cut your fondant into leaf shaped strips ( if you have the flower making cutters you canuse those). take a tea cup and turn it up side down on your counter and cover with plastic wrap ( this will help to make the fondant turn loose).. the just work arounf the cup shaping the fondant strip around iit several layers so it will be thick enough to hold up to use, as always dampen the strip slightly if they are not sticking to each other. Leave your fondant on the tea cup at least over night to set it then even after removing from form let it dry several days before using in the play!

Report Violation

Bottom

brikl
Posted: Wednesday February 04, 2009 4:01 PM

It's a shame you couldn't make some sort of tea cup out of color flow. That would have just the right crunch.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Seasonal < REFRESH >
Navigation: