skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Freezing fondant cake
Created On Tuesday May 14, 2013 3:15 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Sarcha
Posted: Tuesday May 14, 2013 3:15 PM

Hi! I am planning to bake cakes on Thursday and do butter cream icing and fondant icing & decoration on Friday for delivering on Saturday. Should I keep the cake in refrigerator after fondant icing on Friday night or outside. I am planning to bake white(1234) cake , double tier cake. Is it ok to stack them the night before or should I do I it on Saturday only? This is my first order, please help me.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday May 15, 2013 7:33 AM
View users profile

Welcome to the forum. Unless the cake has perishable filling or icing you do not need to put it into the fridge. Allow the cakes to cool for several hours or overnight. If you have baked early in the day you can crumb coat the cake or wrap well in plastic wrap to keep it moist until Friday. If you bake in the late afternoon or evening, allow them to cool and place wrap gently over the cakes so any residual steam/heat won't make the cake soggy, but also not dry out overnight. Fill them and allow each tier to "settle" separately over a period of a few hours at least. If you don't have that kind of time then you can place something with a little weight on top. I usually turn the cake pan onto the top of the cake and place a full sugar bowl or something similar into the pan. Let that sit for at least 30 minutes. Don't try to get away without allowing the cake to settle. It will settle so have it be on your terms. Then you can ice the tiers and place the fondant. Insert your dowels or bubble/milkshake straws for support. Allow the tiers to sit unstacked for several hours. Then you can stack and decorate. If you have time to do that on Saturday, do that. If not, then stack and decorate on Friday night.

Report Violation

Bottom

Sarcha
Posted: Wednesday May 15, 2013 7:57 AM

Thanks a ton

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday May 15, 2013 8:59 AM
View users profile

Good luck and post a picture of your cake. We'd like to see it.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: