skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: One cup of a flour is how many in grams?
Created On Wednesday December 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Olga7777
Posted: Wednesday December 26, 2012 12:10 PM

Good afternoon! prompt please, in recipes "one cup of a flour" or "one stick of oil" often meets. I don't understand, how many it in grams? how it is correct to measure? all have different cups. How you measure? help council please.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Wednesday December 26, 2012 12:59 PM
View users profile

It depends. Look at your bag of flour at the nutrition label and see what it says. I think Gold Medal AP flour weighs 30 grams for 1/4 cup, which is considered a serving. So 1 cup would weigh 120 grams. That's an American cup. Other countries, like Australia, has different size cups than Americans do.

A stick of oil? Do you mean a stick of butter? A butter stick, in USA, weighs 4 ounces. You can google a conversion to get grams.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday December 26, 2012 2:54 PM
View users profile

Hello Olga, welcome to the forum. A conversion chart is helpful to you but a food scale that weighs in both grams and ounces is also extremely helpful and a more accurate way to measure. If you have a chart (google that, as suggested by Spooky) and a food scale, you'll be in good shape.

Report Violation

Bottom

Olga7777
Posted: Thursday December 27, 2012 11:52 PM

Thanks for recommendations! tell please, and a sugar glass it how many? in grams or ounces? How you weigh? Or can be on a site there is a converter? I looked for - didn't find. Prompt please.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chasey
Posted: Friday December 28, 2012 7:45 AM

Not sure what you mean by a sugar glass? A cup of sugar?

Maybe you could copy and paste the American (?) recipe you are trying to convert and we'll try and help.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Friday December 28, 2012 7:52 AM
View users profile

I found this chart online. It tells the weights of many baking ingredients. Does this help you at all?

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: