skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Emmy's Beach Tiki Hut - for Icing Smiles
Created On Sunday October 07, 2012 10:40 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

pattieX
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 10:40 PM
View users profile

Hi everyone,

I thought when I left my job at the end of August to be home more with the kids I'd have more time to spend doing things like keeping up with all of you and the fabulous creations you all share. Uh...no! I'm left wondering how in the world I managed before! Seriously, though, I've been working on decluttering the house (which is probably going to take me 6 months to complete ), volunteering at the kids' schools and I've done a few cakes here and there.

This cake is one of them and one of the most special. It was for a sweet girl named Emmy who just turned 7 years old. She was diagnosed at 4 with a type of melanoma and spent the next couple of years going through surgeries and chemo. She finished up chemo about a year ago and so far everything looks good on all of her follow up scans. Her mom told me she loved the beach, dolphins and the color blue and this is the cake I came up for her. When I signed up with Icing Smiles, I never really thought I would get a Call to Action...I feel so blessed that I did.

TFL!

Pattie

Emmy's Beach tiki hut back.jpg Emmy's Beach tiki hut back.jpg  (142 KB)
Emmy's Beach tiki hut front.jpg Emmy's Beach tiki hut front.jpg  (150 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

furball
Posted: Sunday October 07, 2012 11:17 PM
View users profile

That is so adorable & beautiful! I love the surfboards! What a great thing to do. I know she loved it! It touches your heart!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 7:42 AM
View users profile

This is a darling cake for that child. I'm certain it made her birthday extra special. I loved doing a cake for Icing Smiles. They can call me whenever they want to :-)

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 8:21 AM

pattieX - Your cake looks awesome and I'm sure the birthday girl (and everyone else) just loved it. That is such a wonderful thing for you to do. I admire all that sign up for such a wonderful cause.

Enjoy your time at home with the kids and don't worry about decluttering the house....because it never ends!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

gmoakes01
Posted: Monday October 08, 2012 9:54 AM
View users profile

That is so cute! I know it was special for both her and you! It truly is a blessing to be able to do that small jesture for a special child and their family.

Report Violation

Bottom

fredostreats
Posted: Monday November 05, 2012 2:15 PM
View users profile

That looks great!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: