skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: deep blue color...help please
Created On Friday October 05, 2012 2:54 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

topsyturvy
Posted: Friday October 05, 2012 2:54 AM

Im trying to get that true royal blue color in my cake but I've failed. I don't know what im doing wrong. If all else fails i may have to go with boxed cake, im assuming its my cake recipe that is not grasping the color. Does anyone have any tips?

Report Violation

Bottom

PumpkinMuffin
Posted: Friday October 05, 2012 7:53 AM

Hi, I have made very Royal Blue cakes before simply using the Wilton gel color and boxed mix. Are you using gel color? If not, I would suggest that for sure.

Report Violation

Bottom

trecur
Posted: Friday October 05, 2012 8:14 AM
View users profile

They say that Americolor works best. You can find it at some craft stores (joanns, hl) or order online from any number of places. HTH

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Friday October 05, 2012 12:55 PM
View users profile

I've gotten good results for royal with both Wilton and Americolor, but I might give the edge to Americolor. Maybe a combination?

Report Violation

Bottom

scubabaker
Posted: Friday October 05, 2012 1:10 PM
View users profile

Another thing to remember is that it takes a good amount of gel to get a nice, dark color. A little bit of royal blue in a white batter is going to make light blue. Also, royal blue in a yellow cake batter will likely introduct a green tint to your blue.

Report Violation

Bottom

topsyturvy
Posted: Saturday October 06, 2012 7:46 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I am using wiltons royal blue gel, it is a white cake batter. Im running short on time so im going to give it one more try but im picking up the Americolor as well. Id never heard of this brand until now and the reviews are great! Thank you all. I will post pictures of the finished product

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: