skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
Created On Wednesday May 30, 2012 11:45 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Shaista
Posted: Wednesday May 30, 2012 11:45 PM

Hi! I need to make 48 mickey mouse cupcakes for twin girls 1st birthday party. I saw the Wilton cupcake toppers, and I don't really want to do that.. I was thinking of using the wilton Mickey mouse baking cups but then what? I don't want to put a big black icing dot and two small ones for the ears and that's it.. I'm not sure if I should make each cupcake different, or all the same... I'm really confused.. Can someone please help me! I have 2 weeks to think about it and make it.. Thanks in advance for your help

Report Violation

Bottom

krzykakes
Posted: Thursday May 31, 2012 7:32 AM
View users profile

Hi Shaista...there is so much you can do with a cupcake....instead of just making the ears why dont you add his face and ears...and a few stars sprinkles to liven them up, some other ones you can put either other characters, or little music tones cause you know mickey mouse whistled so...let your imagination flow...you can also google pictures of mickey mouse cupcakes...good luck with that

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Thursday May 31, 2012 8:31 AM

Go over to cakecentral.com and go to their "galleries" section and do a search for "mickey mouse cupcakes". I just did that and they have 208 pictures. That should give you some great ideas. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Report Violation

Bottom

Ambolynne
Posted: Thursday May 31, 2012 10:01 AM

Like the other girls said, you can do so many things for this! You could frost the cupcakes red and use oreos for the ears, or you could cut out fondant ears. definitely look up pictures so you can get ideas. You could do so many things from easy to complex...

Report Violation

Bottom

Shaista
Posted: Thursday May 31, 2012 11:46 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I agree, there's so much you can do! It's choosing what to do that's hard.. I'm going to head over to cakecentral.com and check out their gallery.. Thanks for the website!

I like your idea for the music tones and using the sprinkles, krzykakes, I never thought of doing that

Report Violation

Bottom

Shaista
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 7:13 PM

So I was talking to the person that wanted the cupcakes.. She wants me to make a face on the cupcake with icing.. I'm scared.. I don't know how or if I could make his face.. 48 times! Should I ask her if I could maybe make just a black big circle with the 2 ears or if I could use the wilton mickey mouse icing decoration? I have to make it for Wednesday.. is it too soon to ask her?

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 8:09 PM

Shaista, I did these for Minnie Mouse cupcakes. You could do the same and not put on the bow. I would use a red cupcake liner, white icing and put the cutout of Mickey Mouse on top. I cut 26 of these out of fondant in no time at all. I made a template out of card stock printed off the computer. Hope this helps.

minnie mouse cupcakes.jpg minnie mouse cupcakes.jpg  (16 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Shaista
Posted: Sunday June 10, 2012 9:23 PM

Thanks so much, its a good idea I feel so worried, it's the twins first birthday, I feel like its a big responsibility to be making their cupcakes :S Thanks a lot for the idea!! I really appreciate it

Report Violation

Bottom

Shaista
Posted: Thursday June 14, 2012 1:14 PM

I made the cupcakes! I made little Mickey mouse faces with royal icing, used red baking cups with whit polka dots, buttercream icing and placed the Mickey mouse toppings on top.. I made 42 cupcakes and now my hands/fingers are really hurting from piping te royal icing... Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next time so my fingers don't hurt this bad? Does this happen to everyone, and do you know how long it takes for the pain to go away?? :( anyway, I will definitely share a picture of the cupcakes asap thanks for all your help and ideas ladies, I truly appreciated it

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: