skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Croquembouche, Girls Soccer Cake, Christmas Candle Cake
Created On Monday December 12, 2011 11:23 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

whoknew?
Posted: Monday December 12, 2011 11:23 PM

Here's my latest creations:

Croquembouche~~Purchased a box of 110 yummy little cream puffs from Costco. Wrapped a Michael's styrofoam cone with freezer paper (shiny side out). Dipped half of each frozen puff in dark chocolate, set aside. Once each puff has been dipped, you apply a dot of melted chocolate and stick it to the wrapped cone. (If you just dip and attach, the puffs will stick to the cone as if they were welded there and will be impossible to remove. Found this out the hard way........) Drizzled with white chocolate. White chocolate 3D star. I made tiny dark chocolate molded candies to put around the base. The tower held 66 cream puffs.

Girls Soccer Cake~~My 8 year old niece is on a team with hot pink colors called Bubblicious. They made it to 3rd place in their league after 2 weekends of play-off games! Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah! I used a Sharpie to make ponytails on the Wilton plastic figures, then used a #1 tip to make black buttercream "bows" on each ponytail. The cake, 9x13x4, is made with a new doctored recipe that turned out very well: Buttermilk Dark Chocolate. Filling--chocolate buttercream (made by her 11 year old brother!!!). Frosting--buttercream.
I don't have an airbrush, so I used a can of Wilton's green spray.

[I was just telling SunshineHobbyist that I was very unhappy with my lines and borders and roses and sides and so on, but that's because I wanted it to be perfect. No one except me noticed any flaws.]

Candle Cake~~Saw this on CakeCentral by VaBelle: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2222388
I LOVED the idea so I made this for a cake-friend's birthday on December 10th. Three stacked red velvet cakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese filling/frosting. LED tea lights. Loooooong ugly story behind the cake, but I can tell you that "frosting REALLY does fix anything!"

rsz_candle_cake.jpg rsz_candle_cake.jpg  (99 KB)
rsz_croquembouche.jpg rsz_croquembouche.jpg  (54 KB)
rsz_soccer_cake_girls_team_bubblicious.jpg rsz_soccer_cake_girls_team_bubblicious.jpg  (123 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

berry good
Posted: Monday December 12, 2011 11:58 PM

All the cakes are very pretty, love the candle cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 7:07 AM

Your croquembouche turned out nice.....tall and stately!! I'll bet it was a big hit.

I love the candle cake! You're right about the frosting! It's a miracle cure for broken cake!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Dianee
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 11:44 AM
View users profile

They all look great! Love the candle cake !

Report Violation

Bottom

gmoakes01
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 4:45 PM
View users profile

Great job, neat candle!

Report Violation

Bottom

lexysexy
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 5:52 PM

Looks like you been very busy. You did a great job on all the cakes.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 5:58 PM
View users profile

They look great on the outside, I don't care what they look like inside, lol. I think the candle is fabulous!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 6:31 PM

Hey! I just realized that this is the first time I've ever posted pictures of 3 DIFFERENT cakes all at one time!

lexysexy~~thanks for noticing--I HAVE been busy.

Report Violation

Bottom

ginnyl
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 11:01 PM
View users profile

Great looking cakes..just love that candle. wish I could learn to post cake pictures..that is my New Year's resolution to download all my cake photos and post them here...
ginny

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday December 13, 2011 11:29 PM

Thank you everyone.

Report Violation

Bottom

marym.
Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 5:17 AM
View users profile

Great job!! Looks yummy!

Report Violation

Bottom

bassettscreek2
Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 11:39 AM

Thought I posted comment on this yesterday ... Fantastic Cakes !!! Beautiful Croquembouche ... I would have purchased the creme puffs too ... looks sooo yummy and beautiful presentation.

The soccer cake is terrific! The Candle outstanding!!! Love it ... at first thought you made the candle lights from blown sugar ^_^

Making 9" red velvet today for delivery on Friday ... am torn between your candle cake and another one I saw yesterday with 3 piped candles ... both are soo pretty ... know that the latter will fit in my box with the lid closed.

Again, great job .. thanks for sharing ^_^

Report Violation

Bottom

preetscake
Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 2:00 PM

Nice !

Report Violation

Bottom

keanmu
Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 2:39 PM

I LOVE profiteroles................enough said

Kam

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday December 14, 2011 4:37 PM

Thank you again, everyone.

bassettscreek2~~I saw the piped buttercream candles on CC as well and loved the design. I have a 10" chocolate in the freezer that I'll probably do with that design

Report Violation

Bottom

sunshinehobbyist
Posted: Thursday December 15, 2011 11:08 AM
View users profile

All of them look great! Your borders and lines are excellent Lol. I will go ahead and post the cake I was extremely unhappy with that made me upset with my own borders

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: