skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Army Man Cake
Created On Sunday May 08, 2011 12:41 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

rockerweenie
Posted: Sunday May 08, 2011 12:41 PM

One of the girls at work is tired of cakes from the local bakeries--"all they o is spray stuff on them and plop a toy on it." She would like an army man for her grandson--shaped like an army man. I don't have a pan shaped like a person but my friend recently gave me a bunch of items her mother had given her. There is a clown shaped cake pan--

How do I turn the clown into an army man? I'm thinking it can be done and I have some ideas--it's all in how I decorate it and I can trim the ruffle off but any ideas how to go about it?

Report Violation

Bottom

gmoakes01
Posted: Sunday May 08, 2011 12:53 PM
View users profile

You could try Bunnywoman's rolled BC recipe - make 2 - 3 different colors for camo look, put little pieces of each randomly next to each other before rolling to get the camo look to cover his uniform and "helmet". I'll attach a picture of a hunting cake I did. the pieces were too big so they didn't give a real varied camo look - make your pieces smaller. Hope that helps some.
gisele

Camo B-day1.JPG Camo B-day1.JPG  (87 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

beckthewreck
Posted: Sunday May 08, 2011 2:12 PM
View users profile

If you google "Army man cake" some results pop up. You could use a star tip and pipe the camo, or you could do like gmoakes01 suggested. I did a camo cake once... here's my post
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=120757

I just piped the icing on the cake in various areas, then used a Viva paper towel to smooth it all after it had crusted. You could do that for the uniform and maybe add a gun for the man to hold.
HTH Becky

Report Violation

Bottom

rockerweenie
Posted: Sunday May 08, 2011 4:11 PM

I've never made rolled BC yet and I figured I'd do what you suggested, Becky. I think I'm more concerned with how am I going to turn the clown into the army man... I guess we'll have to see how it all turns out!

By the way, does rolled BC taste like regular BC?

Report Violation

Bottom

rockerweenie
Posted: Sunday May 08, 2011 4:26 PM

Here is a link to the clown pan I have... Don't do a Google search on clown cake pans, there are some creepy ones out there. (Not a fan of clowns... they scare me.)

http://www.keokuk.lib.ia.us/images/cakepans/clown/image

Report Violation

Bottom

rockerweenie
Posted: Monday May 16, 2011 5:47 PM

Here he is! Very happy with it, glad it didn't look like the clown. Ran out of my peach icing for skin and when I mixed up some more, I messed it up but was out of white. :-( Oh well, the woman I made it for loved it. Everyone loved it. She said he grandson didn't want to eat it he liked it so much. :-) Job well done. I went old-school with star tip--I'm sorry, I love the way it looks on shaped cakes.

5_13_2011_connie.JPG 5_13_2011_connie.JPG  (63 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday May 16, 2011 5:49 PM
View users profile

I salute you! You did a great job!

Report Violation

Bottom

beanie70
Posted: Monday May 16, 2011 5:51 PM

He turn out very cute! You did a great job!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: