skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Snake Cake?
tinaclarke 02/15/2011 8:47 PM
Hi All!
I am attempting to make a snake cake for my friend's daughter, who is having her 8th birthday. She wants a realistic cake and I am SO new at this. I've googled "snake cake" and found some pretty cool ones that actually look like a real snake. I'm sure I'm over my head, but have 3 months to practice so am going to give it a shot. Do you know if there is a pan that would allow me to back a round cake? Like a tunnel or something? Is this a stupid question? lol Or do I have to make a regular cake and sculpt the snake out of it? Geez, I hope not! I've got great ideas to use fondant to get the skin and scales right and am sure, with some practice, I will be able to get that done good. I am just nervous about shaping the snake and could use some pointers. Thanks to anyone who has any tips.
cakesbychrystal 02/15/2011 8:55 PM
here's instructions for a snake cake where they said they used bundt pans.

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/birthday-cake-decorating-idea.html#c12

i'm sure if u look at other snake pics on this site you'll find other steps people did to make their cakes.
good luck!
vthorse 02/16/2011 10:34 AM
there's the horseshoe pan, that would make a long snake if you cut it in half and place the pieces end to end.
gwez917 02/16/2011 12:31 PM
I was thinking of using a bundt pan also, good luck!
tinaclarke 02/16/2011 1:34 PM
Thanks SO much guys! I just order a set of two different sized bundt cakes from Amazon. I found some info on that coolest birthday cakes website and think I can do this! I'll post photos (unless its horrible!) Thanks so much! Everyone is so helpful on this site! I love it!
furball 02/16/2011 9:14 PM
I made a snake cake last year using the horseshoe pan. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is the pic. Hope this helps!
Attachments: