skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Snake Cake?
Created On Tuesday February 15, 2011 8:47 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

tinaclarke
Posted: Tuesday February 15, 2011 8:47 PM

Hi All!
I am attempting to make a snake cake for my friend's daughter, who is having her 8th birthday. She wants a realistic cake and I am SO new at this. I've googled "snake cake" and found some pretty cool ones that actually look like a real snake. I'm sure I'm over my head, but have 3 months to practice so am going to give it a shot. Do you know if there is a pan that would allow me to back a round cake? Like a tunnel or something? Is this a stupid question? lol Or do I have to make a regular cake and sculpt the snake out of it? Geez, I hope not! I've got great ideas to use fondant to get the skin and scales right and am sure, with some practice, I will be able to get that done good. I am just nervous about shaping the snake and could use some pointers. Thanks to anyone who has any tips.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakesbychrystal
Posted: Tuesday February 15, 2011 8:55 PM
View users profile

here's instructions for a snake cake where they said they used bundt pans.

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/birthday-cake-decorating-idea.html#c12

i'm sure if u look at other snake pics on this site you'll find other steps people did to make their cakes.
good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

vthorse
Posted: Wednesday February 16, 2011 10:34 AM

there's the horseshoe pan, that would make a long snake if you cut it in half and place the pieces end to end.

Report Violation

Bottom

gwez917
Posted: Wednesday February 16, 2011 12:31 PM
View users profile

I was thinking of using a bundt pan also, good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

tinaclarke
Posted: Wednesday February 16, 2011 1:34 PM

Thanks SO much guys! I just order a set of two different sized bundt cakes from Amazon. I found some info on that coolest birthday cakes website and think I can do this! I'll post photos (unless its horrible!) Thanks so much! Everyone is so helpful on this site! I love it!

Report Violation

Bottom

furball
Posted: Wednesday February 16, 2011 9:14 PM
View users profile

I made a snake cake last year using the horseshoe pan. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is the pic. Hope this helps!

063(1)1.JPG 063(1)1.JPG  (104 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: