skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cupcake Bouquet in plastic cups
Created On Thursday February 10, 2011 5:24 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 3 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 5:24 PM

This is my first practice cupcake bouquet for Valentine's Day gifts. I'm very pleased with it. The plastic cup method is from khalstead on cakecentral.com. You can view her gorgeous bouquets at: http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/apps/photos/album?albumid=806863

Frosting Technique: If doing leaves, use tip 352 or leaf tip 67 and apply leaves to cupcake BEFORE making 'rose'. I used a tip 1M and swirled from the outside to the center. I put both pink and purple frosting in my decorating bag. It is hard to get the same quantities of pink/purple in the bag when you refill, so I'm going to buy 3 more 1M tips and pre-fill 3 or 4 decorating bags.

Bought the pot and shred at 99 cent store. Used hot glue gun to glue large plastic cups into pot and small plastic cups into the large plastic cups. Used double sided tape to attach ribbon. Khalstead pokes a toothpick into the bottom of her plastic cup, and pokes a corresponding hole in the bottom of the cupcake and says it is very stable. I didn't use any toothpicks on mine.

I've attached a photo of the pot with the cups just placed (not glued). You have to look carefully to notice the different sized cups since they are clear. I purchased the cups at Smart & Final for about $5-$6 per roll of 125 cups. I took in a cupcake liner and asked the staff to let me see what fit best so they were darling and let me open each roll. I used "First Street" 5-1/2 oz Plastic Souffle cups and "First Street" 3-1/4 oz Plastic Souffle Cups.

These are inexpensive to make and fairly quick if you do as an assembly line and do 5 or 6 at a time.

rsz_cupcake_bouquet_how_to_with_plastic_cups.jpg rsz_cupcake_bouquet_how_to_with_plastic_cups.jpg  (114 KB)
rsz_cupcake_bouquet_purple_pink_top_view1.jpg rsz_cupcake_bouquet_purple_pink_top_view1.jpg  (140 KB)
rsz_cupcake_bouquet_purple_pink1.jpg rsz_cupcake_bouquet_purple_pink1.jpg  (102 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

momtobe
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 6:30 PM

Clever! I never would have thought to bring a wrapper with me. I don;t have that type of store here, but will keep an eye out. I tried a cupcake bouquet and I failed miserably. You have given me hope!
Pat

Report Violation

Bottom

Heidicakes
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 6:50 PM

Too freakin' cute. I just made my first bouquet today too...and I also used the cup method. Absoutely beautiful!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

binkbink
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 7:06 PM

This is great! Love the cup idea, thanks for the picture of it

Report Violation

Bottom

preetscake
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 7:14 PM

Thank you for sharing this. It's very nice of you to always share the info you get! :-)

Report Violation

Bottom

IloveCupcakes
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 7:24 PM
View users profile

Those are really cute

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 7:34 PM

Heidicakes, we WANT a picture! And thank you everyone.

Report Violation

Bottom

Heidicakes
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 8:00 PM

Whoknew...I posted pics in another thread, but I'll attach again. Anyway, I did two different ones...one is a pot (like yours...but not as flashy)...and then one where I glued the cups to a cake round. They were both pretty in their own way. I took them to the bank when I went to make a deposit, and one of the tellers asked me to make one for her mom's bday. So, that excited me. Of course, they are all friends (I used to work at the bank), so maybe the were just being nice. ha!!!

cup bq 11.jpg cup bq 11.jpg  (59 KB)
cup bq 31.jpg cup bq 31.jpg  (55 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 8:10 PM

I just found your other post and saw the pictures. Those are wonderful! The teller wasn't being "nice" at the bank, she wanted the best cupcakes she'd ever seen for her precious mama!!! I haven't tried it yet on the cake circle, since the bouquet was the first time I'd used the cups, OR a glue gun. Thanks for posting the pics.

Report Violation

Bottom

Heidicakes
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 8:19 PM

Thank you! I thought they were easy to make...really have potential. I wish I had practiced earlier...so I could have made some as valentine gifts. Oh well...there is always Easter!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Sugar Pie
Posted: Thursday February 10, 2011 8:48 PM

Very sweet idea! I love how your cupcakes look ~ like really pretty flowers!
I'm so proud of you! I love how you're always so willing to share!
Have fun making the rest of your Valentine goodies.

Heidicakes, your cupcake bouquets are really sweet too.
Happy Valentine's Week!!
~Sugar Pie

Report Violation

Bottom

gwez917
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 5:35 AM
View users profile

Both of your bouquets are great! Thanks for posting a before pic also whoknew, that definitely helps!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

hunnybee
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 6:12 AM

Thank you for the cup idea & your cupcakes look lovel!

Report Violation

Bottom

pattieX
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 8:54 AM
View users profile

Very cute! And thanks for the tutorial as well. Can't wait to try making one.

Report Violation

Bottom

ginnyl
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 9:55 AM
View users profile

whoknew, just love your use of the plastic cups to support the cupcakes. Can't wait to do my next cupcake display and use your idea..Thanks ~~~~

Report Violation

Bottom

pastelitos
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 10:16 AM

Beautiful, love the cup idea.

Report Violation

Bottom

MARIE J
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 6:42 PM

WOW great idea using the plastic cups !! Cute cupcake bouquet !!

Thanks for the info !!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 8:58 PM

I love both bouquets! I haven't tried the cups yet even though I bought some and just haven't got around to trying them. I do like the look and I also like not having to stick something into the cupcake. (I never use toothpicks....I use dowel rods.....they're less likely to get in someone's mouth!)

Report Violation

Bottom

caf
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 9:19 PM

Is there a reason to double cup - the smaller inside the larger? Just curious. thanks

Report Violation

Bottom

Mickeebabe
Posted: Friday February 11, 2011 10:45 PM

Great job!!

I've made a couple of these cupcake bouquets and just love them. They're easy and they look so cute. The cup method is the only way to do.

Cupcake bouquet tutorial 2.JPG Cupcake bouquet tutorial 2.JPG  (69 KB)
Cupcake bouquet tutorial 3.JPG Cupcake bouquet tutorial 3.JPG  (83 KB)
Cupcake bouquet tutorial 4.JPG Cupcake bouquet tutorial 4.JPG  (85 KB)
Cupcake bouquet tutorial 5.JPG Cupcake bouquet tutorial 5.JPG  (73 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 3 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: