skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cowboy Baby Shower with GumPaste Boots
Created On Tuesday November 16, 2010 11:53 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

DirtyBaker
Posted: Tuesday November 16, 2010 11:53 PM
View users profile

Well, this is my baby shower cake I made over the weekend. I wanted to play with some of the new Duff Cake Tattoos and I tried making the gum paste boots for the first time. I wasn't thrilled with the way the boots turned out, but I don't think they were too bad for my first attempt. My best friend told me they looked "worn" lol
It was a good thing I made a cake, I haven't done any in a few weeks I was resting up for this little guy to come, but the last two weeks I kept dreaming at night of making cakes. Now all he has to do it hurry up and get here, my due date is Thanks Giving but I am hoping this weekend or sooner. We are supposed to get our first snow this weekend, and I keep telling my hubby that's when he'll come just to make things interesting ;)

The cakes were both chocolate with cookies and cream filling.

hudson's baby shower 080 - Small.JPG hudson's baby shower 080 - Small.JPG  (58 KB)
hudson's baby shower 081 -Small.JPG hudson's baby shower 081 -Small.JPG  (75 KB)
hudson's baby shower 083 -Small.JPG hudson's baby shower 083 -Small.JPG  (78 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Sugar Pie
Posted: Wednesday November 17, 2010 1:14 AM

Simply adorable!! What fun & excitement awaits your new little cowboy! Congratulations & a prayer for a safe arrival.

Report Violation

Bottom

riverchild
Posted: Wednesday November 17, 2010 8:24 AM

This is too cute and I think your boots are adorable. Three years ago this time I was in your shoes. My baby was due Thanksgiving day. Thankfully she decided to come a week earlier. Praying you will have an easy delivery.

Report Violation

Bottom

cupcake52
Posted: Wednesday November 17, 2010 8:41 AM

Well done! Congrats on your baby! I know how you feel. I felt the same way about mine! I figured, first attempt, not too bad. The cutters don't give you a right and left foot, so you've gotta work it a little to get that. But yours look fine! Here are some I did. Don't feel bad at all.

CowboyBoots 0071.jpg CowboyBoots 0071.jpg  (114 KB)
SelinaCake 0061.jpg SelinaCake 0061.jpg  (113 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

cakesbychrystal
Posted: Wednesday November 17, 2010 8:45 AM
View users profile

SUPER cute! I love these baby cowboy boots cake! I doubt I'll ever get to do one. I'm a city girl from Vegas. Not too many cowboys/girls roaming around...

Report Violation

Bottom

Beckylovescake
Posted: Thursday November 18, 2010 10:19 AM

ADORABLE!!! where did you find the cutter for the boots?? Both cakes are great!

Report Violation

Bottom

DirtyBaker
Posted: Thursday November 18, 2010 11:21 AM
View users profile

Thanks everyone! I know they make cutters but by the time i decided I wanted to make them I didn't have time to order. I searched online (google) and found a pattern I was able to print off on cardstock to make it not so flimsy. Then I printed a picture of what I wanted the boots to look like and went from there. (Cupcake that made it easy to make a left and right bottom too I just flipped the pattern over) The aren't perfect but for a first time and they were for me so i was ok with them, I wanted to use royal to make some "stitched" but instead used it as caulk in some area's. It was a learning experience and everyone loved them.

P.S. still no baby and I have tried everything this week, two days of Christmas shopping and walking and I even went for a quad ride yesterday in the field and had super spicy food for dinner. They are still saying snow this weekend so we shall see lol!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: