skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Painting Modeling Chocolate
Created On Monday March 01, 2010 4:19 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

angel25705
Posted: Monday March 01, 2010 4:19 PM

I am making tropical fish out of modeling chocolate for my son's 1st birthday cake. I used white chocolate so I can add color. I was playing around with shaping the fish, not really trying to make one for his cake just yet, and I made one that is so close to perfect that I don't want to waste it. The problem is, since I was just playing around, I didn't color it BEFORE I molded it so now I'd like to know how to paint modeling chocolate. I planned on steaming the fish after I put them on the cake so they have a nice 'just swimming' look so I'll need a way that can stand up to that.
I read that you can mix powdered food coloring with alcohol or just plain powdered food coloring. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Monday March 01, 2010 4:45 PM

Hhhm. I know I've used luster dust on plain modeling chocolate to color roses. I didn't mix it with anything. Just dry brushed it on with a soft and fluffy brush. I would use that instead of the powder coloring. Good Luck

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Monday March 01, 2010 4:50 PM

I know the picture is small, but you can see how I added color to the chocolate.

choco-rose trio webFRM.jpg choco-rose trio webFRM.jpg  (40 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Beletta
Posted: Wednesday March 10, 2010 9:08 PM

your roses are beautiful !!!! is there a rose form? I have been experimenting with melting choc. - I am having a problem with trying to make choc. cupcake liners for my daughters wedding and I purchased the 38 cupcake holder, however, I have make the jumbo size and they are too big because the paper spreads out too much and the standard I think would be better but I keep breaking them - is there a trick that might help me? thank you

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Wednesday March 10, 2010 10:41 PM

Beletta- I responded to your dessert cup question in generals. You need a different mold than liners.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: