skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Help Please! Sugar Ice Cubes
Created On Friday February 26, 2010 9:53 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

jnstringer
Posted: Friday February 26, 2010 9:53 PM

I need help ASAP! How do you make the sugar ice to go in the cooler cakes? I found something that said 1/2 cup sugar and a 1/2 cup karo. I put it in the microwave and layed it on foil put in the freeze and it stuck to the foil. I don't think it would have ever looked like ice. What did I do wrong. Is there a better way.

Thanks in advance..

Report Violation

Bottom

CJR4LSU
Posted: Saturday February 27, 2010 12:14 AM

jnstringer-here is a recipe that I got form someone here on the forum. Hope this helps you out.
Here is the recipe that I used to make the ice.
I took 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 corn syrup and 1 tablespoon of water, in a 2 cup pryrex measuring cup, microwave for 3 1/2 minutes, stir, then microwave for another 3 1/2 minutes. I then took ice cube trays, stuffed foil in them and sprayed with lots of pam.I poured the melted sugar in the ice cube trays for the mold and let it sit until it was cool. It probably took about 2 or 3 hours. Then popped them out and peeled off the foil. Now, I am not sure where you live but the humidty caused the ice to melt down. So I would suggest to do the ice and then put them on the cake last, cause mine melted down a good bit. It Took a
couple hours for it to melt down, just hard to cut! LOL! they have other people who made the cake and used jello as ice, some used rock candy (but, I cant find that here where I live).

Report Violation

Bottom

tlynnscakes
Posted: Saturday February 27, 2010 12:01 PM

the foil you use needs to be nonstick and i line a ice cube tray with the nonstick foil the pur the same mixture recipe that you used mine look like ice cubes

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: