skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Unicorn Cake Using Stand-Up Lamb
Created On Saturday September 26, 2009 3:55 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

k2outside
Posted: Saturday September 26, 2009 3:55 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TjhlTY3ufCQ/SFrnewT1eZI/AAAAAAAAHJk/FQD45MB_Qoc/s1600-h/UnicornbyHeidihcc.bmp

I'm considering making an imitation of this cake using the stand-up lamb pan. But, there's a lot of extra unicorn beyond what the stand-up lamb would provide in cake! I could use twinkies or somesuch to make up some of the volume in the legs and rump, but there would be a lot left to be filled with frosting and/or fondant. There's more head there, too, than the lamb pan has. So, I could spend a fortune on fondant and just sculpt the legs out of that. Has anyone sculpted with the cheaper marshmallow fondant?

My other option is to use my rocking horse pan and just star-tip it. Much easier - but not nearly as dramatic!

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Saturday September 26, 2009 4:12 PM

First, thanks for posting the address of that cake, rather than downloading it and posting it. You are doing it the correct way!

This scan of Wilton's instructions might be useful:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=103999&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Report Violation

Bottom

k2outside
Posted: Monday September 28, 2009 9:28 AM

Oh, Jeanne, you saved the birthday girl from a flat cake! I was not looking forward to doing the complicated legs on the picture I posted! I think I'll do this one for sure. I need to do a second cake, too, and maybe a third because of the number of people whow wil be present. I'm considering a book pan cake with a unicorn fairy tale.

When I saw your message, I dashed to my collection of Wilton magazines. Of all of the years, I'm only missing maybe five magazines - one of which is 1984! So, thanks much for the scan!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: