skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Ideas for a 17 year old's cake???
Created On Monday August 10, 2009 3:16 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

misschriss
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 3:16 PM

Hello all,

I have an order for a 17 year old Girl's B'day Cake. The character pans I see in store are sort of childish, and a regular sheet cake with flowers will be too plain for a teen. I'm using the sheet cake idea as a last resort. All ideas will be appreciated. Any ideas on what a teenage girl may love on a cake???

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 3:27 PM

Do you know her interests? Is she tailored or frilly in her tastes? Would she consider a cake with flowers sophisticated and be flattered? Is she in to sports? Does she have a beloved pet? Ride horses?

True, the Elmo pan wouldn't be suitable, but the Topsy Turvy pan might be fun. Or the Dancing Daisy.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 4:03 PM
View users profile

An ipod or cell phone, maybe. You could do the message as a text message.

Report Violation

Bottom

misschriss
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 4:51 PM

Thanks for your ideas! Her mom says she loves the color pink. Everytime I see her she's on her Blackberry. Mom says she doesn't know of any other favs besides hot pink. She's not into sports, but is not a frilly girly girl. I thought about pink polka dots. I like the text message idea! How would I do that! Any more suggestions??

Report Violation

Bottom

hpjmom
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 9:33 PM

Did you see this post by dnrtull? The colors could be changed. I think it's a great teenage girl's cake.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=125831

Also, zebra print is very popular right now & goes great with hot pink. If do an advanced search for "zebra", you'll see lots of cakes.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday August 10, 2009 9:46 PM
View users profile

When my daughter comes home I'll ask her if there is some texting abbreviation for Happy Birthday or something similar and appropriate. I guess part of the cake would be the keyboard and part would be the message screen. To resemble a blackberry of course. My phone is not very techy but I'm sure that a quick google would reveal what a blackberry looks like. They come in some sort of pink color, don't they? Or don't they? My age is showing!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

mamajaejae
Posted: Tuesday August 11, 2009 12:24 AM

I did this one for twin girls....all I was told was the color blue and sports.
So this is what I did...added the IPOD and cell phone and put some little flowers to make it girlish.
This was done with the 11x15 pan.

Girl teenager1.JPG Girl teenager1.JPG  (85 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

misschriss
Posted: Tuesday August 11, 2009 9:15 AM

cute cake! I pulled a pic of a Blackberry...so many details!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday August 11, 2009 5:36 PM
View users profile

Pick and choose which ones would be most essential on your cake. She'll get the idea and love the texted cake. I still have to check with my daughter for wording for you and what a realistic text message would look like.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: