skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: meatloaf cake?
homemade by hope 05/28/2009 9:51 AM
I have a weird request. Someone asked me to do a cake that looks like meatloaf for a groom's cake bc the groom HATES meatloaf. Any ideas? I could do a chocolate loaf cake and put "ketchup" icing on the top. Any ideas would be appreciated!!
celena 05/28/2009 2:34 PM
yes, and you could have a slice or 2 of meatloaf already cut and laying where it was cut (you know, like when we relly slice loaves). or maybe with gravy and mashed potatoes?
CakerMom 05/28/2009 2:50 PM
I have a friend that does a BBQ meatloaf - and the BBQ sauce looked like chocolate ganache. I thought doing him a cake like that would be fun. Though I haven't done it yet. But I would also cut 2-3 pieces off to make it look more like meatloaf.

Please post pics.
grannyj 05/28/2009 2:55 PM
I did a spaghetti cake and for the catsup I used strawberry jam. It tasted good with the icing - don't know about real catsup !!!
karen 05/30/2009 12:02 AM
I did the spaghetti and meatball cupcake cake (again) this past weekend. It was a major success!!! This time I made it easy on myself and used Ferrar Rocher candies for the meatballs. Last time I made my own with coco krispies, melted chocolate and marshmallow. This was much easier. Strawberry jam in the gravy.
This is such an easy thing to make. Love it!!!
M and L Cakes 05/30/2009 1:47 PM
I would make it out of Brownie mix and add some green peppers and onion rings made with MMF on top along with your "ketcup".
sandsher 06/02/2009 10:48 AM
I did a small meatloaf cake with some leftover batter and it turned out pretty good. It wasn't that thick so making a thicker one would be more real looking. I just colored the batter with a little brown coloring and used pureed strawberries for the "sauce." I have made a spaghetti cake, stuffed bell peppers and tacos. I always puree strawberries for anything like tomatoes or sauce, salsa. etc. I think it looks more real. My machine was going out on me and that's why the meatloaf one was not as saucy looking as the spaghetti. Good luck!
Attachments:
sandsher 06/18/2009 11:09 AM
Hey. I was wondering... did you do your meatloaf cake?? I would love to see a picture of it.