skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Doodlebops cake pics
Created On Thursday May 01, 2008 3:12 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

lltwins03
Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 9:04 AM

HI,
My twins had a Doodlebops bday party, and of course there aren't much if any Doodlebops cakes out there. So this is what I came up with.

DeeDee Cake....my daughter loves DeeDee. The cake was pink, strawberry flavored. I decorated the cake like DeeDee's dress. If you don't know what she looks like, her dress is purple w/pink music notes, and she has a keyboard trim on the bottom. I wish I would've been able to get the buttercream smoother on the cake, but that's always my problem. The music notes and keys on the keyboard are MMF, the word Doodlebops is a royal transfer. So is DeeDee...(this is a cartoon figure of the real person, I found it in a coloring book). Because she was so tiny, it was hard to get the details of her face (eyes and lips) right. I was planning on getting luster dust or edible glitter to put some sparkle on the cake, just like DeeDee's real dress, but I never made it to the cake store or ordered it online.

Moe Cake....my son loves Moe and he loves the drums (Moe plays the drums). So I made his cake the color of Moe's shirt also w/the stripes. And then I added the drumsticks. The stripes and drumsticks are MMF. The word Doodlebops and the figure are royal transfers. This cake was a white cake w/the orange jello poke recipe.

Heather

DeeDee1.JPG DeeDee1.JPG  (111 KB)
DeeDee2.JPG DeeDee2.JPG  (85 KB)
Moe1.JPG Moe1.JPG  (97 KB)
Moe2.JPG Moe2.JPG  (95 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

beaches
Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 3:12 PM

Wow, those are really cute. My daughter would love those. She was DeeDee Doodle for Halloween.

Report Violation

Bottom

CHEFAUTUMN
Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 3:30 PM

You did a great job!

Report Violation

Bottom

baking4tre
Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 3:36 PM

I think they both came GREAT!!!
tara

Report Violation

Bottom

mlmkdm
Posted: Tuesday April 29, 2008 3:38 PM

OH my goodness, I love it!!!!! How fantastic, you are such a great mom. My daughter's birthday (4 also) is in 2 weeks. She is a serious deedee fan as well. I bought those cake toppers that you find on tystoybox but really haven't settled in with what I'm going to do. When you said the music notes are MMF, what is that???? I took classes one, two and three in the fall and am nervous cuz her cake has to be perfect. SHe's my only daughter!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

chachasep
Posted: Wednesday April 30, 2008 8:50 AM

Your cakes are great. Good Job!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

lltwins03
Posted: Wednesday April 30, 2008 9:12 AM

Thanks for the comments. I was also thinking of buying those toppers you are talking about. But I really wanted to do something more for their cakes. Especially since the day before I made their cousin that firetruck cake (I posted it on another thread.).

MMF is marshmallow fondant. Do a search on here in the recipe category for MMF under bunnywoman. It's a HUGE thread, but it gives you the recipe, and tons of tips. It takes awhile to read, but it's very informative. It very easy to make and very cheap. And tastes good! If I would redo this cake, I think I might have covered the whole cake in fondant, just because I wanted to make the cake glittery. Oh well. I drew a music note on cardstock to use as a stencil. And then I laid the stencil on the fondant to cut them out. Then I glued them to the cake w/buttercream.

Another idea I had, and I was planning on doing it until a week before their party....I was gonna make the doodlebops bus. And then I was gonna just have the plastic figures my kids have of DeeDee Rooney, Moe and Busdriver Bob stand outside the bus. But I decided that both kids should have their own cake. I always try to make my twins feel special by getting their own thing. So they both feel like they are in the spotlight. Especially on their day.

If you make a Doodlebops cake, post it. Id love to see what you come up with!
Heather

Report Violation

Bottom

CakerMom
Posted: Wednesday April 30, 2008 9:36 AM

GREAT JOB!!!! What a good idea. My son, too, is a huge Doodlebops fan. He likes to wander the house calling for Moe. But I think Dee Dee is his favorite. He always has liked the girls. The coloring book.....what a great source.

Report Violation

Bottom

grammasue
Posted: Wednesday April 30, 2008 9:44 AM

Ok, I'm out of the loop!! Have no idea what Doodlebops is! But I do know that your cakes are great!! I love them!!

Report Violation

Bottom

lltwins03
Posted: Thursday May 01, 2008 3:12 PM

LOL The Doodlebops is a show on the Disney Channel. They are also a kids rock and roll band. And they tour everywhere. They are from Canada, and originally was on a Canadian channel. Until Disney picked them up. I have seen them 2 times at a concert (w/my kids of course! LOL). The 2nd time in the 3rd row! My kids were able to give Moe a "High 5"! They loved it!!!
Heather

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Life Celebrations < REFRESH >
Navigation: