skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Alvin and the Chipmunks
bettyboop01 01/22/2008 11:51 AM
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to this discussion forum, (and also to cake decorating), so any help would be appreciated.
My grandson has just informed me he wants an Alvin and the Chipmunks cake for his birthday. I suppose Alvin by itself would do. I've already checked the Wilton retired pans and E-bay. but there is nothing out there. Already searched the discussion forum also, but didn't see any dialogue. Any suggestions?
I don't need this til April, so I should have plenty of time. Thanks.

mamajaejae 01/23/2008 3:43 PM
Go onto the internet and just type in Alvin and the Chipmunks. You can probably find some pictures to copy and use on a sheet. Also type in coloring pages.....then go under any of the sites there and type in Alvin and the Chipmunks. I do this a lot lately....I cannot draw to save my life and do a lot of tracing....these coloring pages make tracing a lot easier.
Hope this helps.
mom&babyRN 01/24/2008 10:47 AM
You can do a frozen buttercream transfer of any coloring book picture that you find. Here is one I found on the internet that I attached for you! Here is the link to directions on how to do a frozen buttercream transfer.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

You can also do the pinprick method, which is where you poke the outlines of your coloring page image with a push pin to make holes in it. It then creates lots of points on the back of the paper that you can press onto your crusted buttercream cake and trace the pattern with, and then fill in.

Here are some frozen buttercream transfers I have done! Good luck, and I can't wait to see your finished cake!!
Attachments: