skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: 5 tier ivory cake with cascading sugar roses
skgroves 10/09/2012 7:29 PM
Thank you guys so much! I took the order for this cake back in March and started worrying soon after! I have only done 3 other wedding cakes and never one over 3 tiers... and never one with so many roses. I seriously underestimated the time it would take me to make those and didn't charge nearly enough for the cake. But oh well, lesson learned! I really couldn't have pulled this off without all the great advice I received form the wonderful people on this forum. It means so much to me having the people whose cakes I look at on a regular basis and admire on a regular basis take the time to compliment my cake. Susychpstk: the kitchenaid pasta roller attachment is worth every cent! I hesitated to buy it because you can only roll the fondant about 5-6 inches wide and I was worried I wouldn't use it that much. I used it for the roses on this cake as well as the fondant ribbon around each tier. I was able to roll gumpaste as well as marshmallow fondant with ease.
Teresa0401 10/10/2012 8:57 AM
Gorgeous cake!!
Dianee 10/10/2012 7:51 PM
Wow! What a cake! Beautiful!
CollectorEJ 10/10/2012 8:54 PM
I like cascading flowers on cakes. Your cake is beautiful.
nonni53 10/11/2012 7:14 PM
That swath of roses is truly impressive. Your bride should have been proud to serve that.
whoknew? 10/12/2012 10:50 PM
Breathtaking and stunning and elegant. You should be VERY proud!
skgroves 10/18/2012 3:34 PM
Thank you!! I am my own worst critic, but I was very pleased with the way this cake turned out. The bride loved it as well. TFL!
tortnaya 10/20/2012 10:21 AM
Oh, WOW!!! What a beauty!!