skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Four tier with "painted" stems and small flowers, gumpaste pink flowers
Created On Saturday September 29, 2012 7:11 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format

chinasam
Posted: Sunday September 30, 2012 8:36 PM

Such a delicate cake; it is beautiful!

Report Violation

Bottom

chinasam
Posted: Sunday September 30, 2012 8:38 PM

Oh, yeah. And, how the heck do you do it? I had 2 cakes, and 120 cookies, and after all was said and done, my body hurt worse than if I had ran a 5 K. My right hand still hurts, and my wrist feels like I was lifting weights from rolling fondant. I slept until 10 this morning....

Report Violation

Bottom

susychpstk
Posted: Sunday September 30, 2012 9:09 PM
View users profile

SGM...you didn't find your buttercream sort of melting under your paintbrush? I tried to paint on bc one day as a trial, and didn't have much luck, despite even popping it in the fridge to firm it up, and I was afraid to attempt doing it with all the scrolls needed on that sunflower cake. Yours came out great though!

LOL about the pie hitting the floor! I'd be dumping them left and right just so I can eat them!

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 6:43 AM

susy...I didn't have that problem this time but I know what you're talking about b/c I had that happen once b
before. I tried to paint very lightly and not keep going back over the same spot. Maybe that's why it worked ok.

chinasam....when I delivered the cake a lady who was decorating the room told me "You must have nerves of steel!" I told her I'm just a little crazy!! My whole body was aching the day I did most of the baking & decorating and I slept like a log that night. I remember thinking decorating is really hard work!!

Report Violation

Bottom

krzykakes
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 7:11 AM
View users profile

Everything looks so delicious...I love all of it!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

tlh
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 8:09 AM

Love this cake!

Report Violation

Bottom

kccakes
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 8:44 AM

What a beautiful cake! I love the way you painted the flowers and stems. So unique. I'm sure the bride was thrilled. I know I would be!

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 9:00 AM

sweetgrandma - Your cake looks fantastic and so do all the other sweets. I love looking at everyone's pictures, so inspiring.

Report Violation

Bottom

emmer_d
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 10:58 AM
View users profile

Beautiful!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Teresa0401
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 12:18 PM

I love your flowers!!! Gorgeous, everything looks wonderful, great job.

Report Violation

Bottom

tortnaya
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 6:25 PM

This cake is simply gorgeous!!! Super lovely flowers!! And I want some of those pecan pies ;-)

Report Violation

Bottom

IcingArtistry
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 7:41 PM

Those pecan tarts are so yummy looking I can Taste the pecan pie filling! ok... the reason I came to post is because I love the uniqueness of your flowers and watercolor effect! And no one else asked what your flowers are made of, so will you share how you made those? They're so pretty and feminine. The watercolor effect stems etc is right in keeping with the delicate flowers. Lovely, lovely cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 7:02 AM

IcingArtistery......thanks
The flowers are made from Wilton's fondant with gum=-tex added. I rolled it thin and used a large scalloped round cutter. I also pressed them in a veiner and thinned the edges to make them ruffled looking. I let them dry on crumpled aluminum foil to get the uneven look. The fondant was light pink (the bride requested "breast awareness pink") then dusted in the centers with a darker pink. Then I steamed them and sprayed them with Wilton's Pearl Color-Mist.

Report Violation

Bottom

grammasue
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 7:21 PM

Wonderful!! Beautiful cake!

Report Violation

Bottom

jabrotz
Posted: Wednesday October 03, 2012 8:42 AM

I can't believe all the different techniques on this cake. Just lovely! You pulled so many things together...sugar flowers, brush embroidery, buttercream...wow. GREAT job!

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Navigation: