skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Topic Title: gum paste flowers & buttercream
Created On Monday May 14, 2012 11:10 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mimisbakery
Posted: Monday May 14, 2012 11:10 AM

I am doing my son's wedding cake in July and my question is will the gum paste flowers soften any when put directly on buttercream. I will be icing the cake and stacking on Thursday with buttercream. I am in the process of making the flowers to go on it with gum paste. I would like to know if I put the flowers on Thursday, will they be effected by the BC or do I need to wait until Friday or Saturday? The cake will have no filling except BC so I will not need to refrigerate it. I, also, will be decorating the fellowship hall at church and preparing the food for the rehearsal dinner on Friday. The reason to wait about decorating the fellowship hall on Friday is that we cannot pick up the tables we have rented until Friday morning. Any suggestions on what I am thinking here would be greatly appreciated.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Monday May 14, 2012 12:46 PM
View users profile

As long as your GP flowers/decos are completely dry, they will not be effected by being placed on the BC early. I made some pansies and leaves last week, let them dry a couple of days, then placed on the BC cake, then stuck it in the fridge, from Thursday night to Saturday morning, and they held up well.

Report Violation

Bottom

dittomom
Posted: Tuesday May 15, 2012 6:36 AM

I only use buttercream when I ice my cakes. I have used gumpaste roses many times and have never had a problem. like spooky said you have to let them dry first. I have 2 cakes with gumpaste roses on this forum. Put my name in search and you should be able to find them!

Report Violation

Bottom

mimisbakery
Posted: Tuesday May 15, 2012 8:23 PM

Thanks Spooky and Dittomom for your responses. I am glad to know that the gum paste will not be affected by the BC. I am working on making the flowers now so they should be set and ready to go. Also good to know that if I want to put in the fridge, I can. Thanks again for your help. Dittomon, I did look up your cakes with the roses and they are beautiful. I wish I could get my roses to look as good. They look so real.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Navigation: